Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Google Map for RCP Application
Google Map for RCP Application [message #488826] Wed, 30 September 2009 12:38 Go to next message
cenk Mising name is currently offline cenk Mising nameFriend
Hello;

How can I use google map in RCP Application. Is there any library or plugin?

Thank you
Re: Google Map for RCP Application [message #488838 is a reply to message #488826] Wed, 30 September 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You would have to check with google to see if they have a java library for google maps ... then you would just use that.

You can (AFAIK) use the brute force approach:
browser = new Browser(browserParent, SWT.NONE);
// ...
browser.setUrl("http://maps.google.com/maps?q="
+ exif.getGpsLatitude() + "+" + exif.getGpsLongitude());

PW

Re: Google Map for RCP Application [message #488854 is a reply to message #488826] Wed, 30 September 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Bradley is currently offline John BradleyFriend
As was suggested in a previous reply: I had some success building a prototype plugin that used google maps. It was dynamic too: the use could add points by clicking on the map. As was suggested it used the SWT browser object. Passing commands to the browser was relatively OK by preparing and sending it javascript to run throw the execute(String) method. Getting data out was possible (by listening to the browser status Text with method addStatusTextListener(...) and within the browser have results to be passed to Eclipse sent to the status line -- although I found this a little "clunky" let us say.

My application was only a prototype, so I don't know how well it would have held up in the real world.

Get in touch with me if you'd like to see the code.
Re: Google Map for RCP Application [message #661085 is a reply to message #488854] Wed, 23 March 2011 05:13 Go to previous message
Sam Chang is currently offline Sam ChangFriend
HI:

Would like send me the rcp code for Google map.
Thank you very much. That will help me a lot.

Sam
Previous Topic:Calling a RCP program from another RCP
Next Topic:[jface.text] how to stop document change notification temporarily?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:02:14 GMT 2024