Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition
Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition [message #488475] Mon, 28 September 2009 20:26 Go to next message
Geert-Jan Hut is currently offline Geert-Jan HutFriend
Hi,

I am trying to use the state machine diagram in uml2tools, and run into a few problems. I can succesfully add a state machine to the diagram, and within it simple states and transitions between the states.

However, I have not succeeded in adding a name to the 'initial' state. Also I have not been able to add an event, trigger or other name to a transition.

Could anybody explain to me how I can add these types of labels in this diagram?

Thanks in advance,

regards, Geert-Jan.
Re: Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition [message #493391 is a reply to message #488475] Sun, 25 October 2009 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SM is currently offline SMFriend
Hi,

Just to repeat and reinforce the problem in question, as I cannot see a reply to the original post from a month ago:

I also cannot find the way to add trigger/effect/guard to a statemachine transition in the diagram. I consider this a critical problem: without triggers/effects/guards statemachines are rather useless... Sad

Also, when adding a name to the transition (which is not that important usually), the name does not appear in the diagram but only in the properties view.

I hope someone from the UML2 tools team can comment on the above; is it a bug or when are triggers/effects/guards expected to be supported for statemachines.

Thanks,
Shahar

Re: Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition [message #495069 is a reply to message #493391] Tue, 03 November 2009 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan  is currently offline Johan Friend
Hi,

On a different posting here, someone mentioned that according to the UML specification, transition names are not allowed in the diagrams.

But I don't know if this is true or not, but this is apparently why the transition name is not displayed in the diagrams.

/Johan
Re: Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition [message #625107 is a reply to message #488475] Sun, 25 October 2009 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SM is currently offline SMFriend
Hi,

Just to repeat and reinforce the problem in question, as I cannot see a reply to the original post from a month ago:

I also cannot find the way to add trigger/effect/guard to a statemachine transition in the diagram. I consider this a critical problem: without triggers/effects/guards statemachines are rather useless... :(

Also, when adding a name to the transition (which is not that important usually), the name does not appear in the diagram but only in the properties view.

I hope someone from the UML2 tools team can comment on the above; is it a bug or when are triggers/effects/guards expected to be supported for statemachines.

Thanks,
Shahar
Re: Problem adding event/trigger description to state machine transition [message #625133 is a reply to message #625107] Tue, 03 November 2009 17:13 Go to previous message
Johan  is currently offline Johan Friend
Hi,

On a different posting here, someone mentioned that according to the UML specification, transition names are not allowed in the diagrams.

But I don't know if this is true or not, but this is apparently why the transition name is not displayed in the diagrams.

/Johan
Previous Topic:Re: Trouble using profile - newbie
Next Topic:New to UML2tools & existing Java project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:34:45 GMT 2024