Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can't execute Statement because of to many operations
Can't execute Statement because of to many operations [message #488086] Fri, 25 September 2009 14:20 Go to next message
Michael  ück is currently offline Michael ückFriend
Hi,

I'm creating a BIRT report on an datasource that's linked to an mysql Cluster.

The Query of the DataSet is quite complicated and uses some joins and other stuff.

Everything works fine until i have a quite large dataset (sorry i have no concrete figures at the time.)

But the real problem seems to be that mysql cluster is not very good at large transactions. Because if the statement produces a large dataset the report gives an exception saying "Cannot execute the statement".

Looking at the XML Source of the report i can find an Error Marker saying that the query didn't return a ResultSet. The Concrete mysql-connector exception, which is the root-cause, says:
 SQL error  #1: Got temporary error 233 'Out of operation records in transaction coordinator (increase MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations)' from NDBCLUSTER

The Problem seems to be that query executed by BIRT runs in only one transaction and locks to many rows, which mysql-cluster can't handle.
See: http:// dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-cluster-limitations-tr ansactions.html

My question is now: Is there any way to activate autocommit or to run an query chunk by chunk?

thanks in advance,
Michael
Re: Can't execute Statement because of to many operations [message #488749 is a reply to message #488086] Wed, 30 September 2009 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know if somebody is interested in this but just in case.

The problem is that my database contains TEXT columns, which are handled as BLOBs by mysql-cluster. Because of that a SELECT statement creates a read-lock on every row it finds in the database.

By default mysql-cluster has a maximum number of read-locks (MaximumNumberOfCOncurrentOperations) of approx. 32000. And that's not enough if the report-query examines a large table.

If possible one should remove the BLOBS from the schema and replace them by an normal varchar or char.
If that's not possible increase MaximumNumberOfConcurrentOperations.

But that's what one can do on the database. If someone's got an idea for a workaround on BIRT-side i'd like to hear of it.
Re: Can't execute Statement because of to many operations [message #488888 is a reply to message #488749] Wed, 30 September 2009 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Michael,

I do not know of a work around but I would like you to open a bugzilla
entry so we know the problem exist.

Thanks

Jason

Michael L wrote:
> Don't know if somebody is interested in this but just in case.
>
> The problem is that my database contains TEXT columns, which are handled
> as BLOBs by mysql-cluster. Because of that a SELECT statement creates a
> read-lock on every row it finds in the database.
> By default mysql-cluster has a maximum number of read-locks
> (MaximumNumberOfCOncurrentOperations) of approx. 32000. And that's not
> enough if the report-query examines a large table.
>
> If possible one should remove the BLOBS from the schema and replace them
> by an normal varchar or char. If that's not possible increase
> MaximumNumberOfConcurrentOperations.
>
> But that's what one can do on the database. If someone's got an idea for
> a workaround on BIRT-side i'd like to hear of it.
Re: Can't execute Statement because of to many operations [message #488989 is a reply to message #488086] Thu, 01 October 2009 06:56 Go to previous message
I filed this one. Hope it helps.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=290999

Regards,
Michael
Previous Topic:spider web/ radar chart
Next Topic:Problems upgrading from BIRT 2.3.1 to BIRT 2.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:33:19 GMT 2024