Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Tracking down a package uses conflict.
Tracking down a package uses conflict. [message #487897] Thu, 24 September 2009 18:09 Go to next message
Michael Sullivan is currently offline Michael SullivanFriend
I am developing an OSGi application in Equinox using Eclipse as the IDE. I'm also building with Maven.

We have one bundle that is a dump of several jar files into one bundle with a single manifest. The manifest is generated by the apache felix maven bnd plug in. I have it import slf4j, as that is needed by the hibernate classes embedded in the jar.

In the Export-Package section of the manifest, i have several entries that have slf4j in the uses clause:
Quote:
"org.hibernate.type;uses:=" org.hibernate.engine,org.hibernate,org.hibernate.cfg,org.hib ernate.dialect,org.hibernate.util,org.dom4j,org.hibernate.pr oxy,org.hibernate.persister.entity,org.hibernate.persister.c ollection,org.hibernate.collection,org.hibernate.lob,org.hib ernate.usertype,org.hibernate.engine.loading,org.hibernate.t uple,org.hibernate.tuple.component,org.apache.commons.loggin g,org.hibernate.jdbc,org.hibernate.exception,org.hibernate.a nnotations.common.util,org.slf4j,org.hibernate.classic,org.h ibernate.property,org.hibernate.intercept "

In my import package, I have:
Quote:
Import-Package: javax.persistence,javax.transaction;version="1.1",org.
slf4j;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]",org.slf4j.helpers;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6
]",org.slf4j.impl;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]",org.slf4j.spi;version= "[1.5
.6,1.5.6]"

My slf4j and slf4j-jcl bundles export
Quote:
org.slf4j.impl; version="1.5.6"[exported]

and
Quote:
org.slf4j; version="1.5.6"[exported]
org.slf4j.helpers; version="1.5.6"[exported]
org.slf4j.spi; version="1.5.6"[exported]

But when I try to start my combined bundle, i get:

Quote:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Package uses conflict: Import-Package: org.slf4j.impl; version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]"
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWor ker(BundleHost.java:305)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.star t(AbstractBundle.java:265)

My question is - what would the conflict be with? I don't see any other bundles exporting anything for slf4j.

Anyone know where this conflict might be coming from? Does it mean that there is a bundle out there with a 'uses' clause that specifies an incompatible version of slf4j?

Thanks,
mike

[Updated on: Thu, 24 September 2009 18:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tracking down a package uses conflict. [message #488212 is a reply to message #487897] Sat, 26 September 2009 00:49 Go to previous message
Michael Sullivan is currently offline Michael SullivanFriend
Note: I was able to fix this problem by removing all of the bundles from the run configuration, and then start adding them again, with the catalina host jar added before the jasper jar, and my own customer bundles after those two.
Previous Topic:Adding absolute agent path to jvm arg
Next Topic:Running multiple versions of the same plug-in at once
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:39:01 GMT 2024