Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Migration to GMF 2.2: Compile errors(Generated code does not compile)
Migration to GMF 2.2: Compile errors [message #487664] Thu, 24 September 2009 03:34 Go to next message
Adlan Shishani is currently offline Adlan ShishaniFriend
Hi everyone,

I have been working on migration of my product from Eclipse 3.4 to Eclipse 3.5 and I have got the following compilation errors:

I have a class called ArchevolViewProvider which basically extends org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.providers.AbstractViewP rovider, both of them are generated by GMF.

The problems is that somehow methods in the class ArchevolViewProvider try to override methods in AbstractViewProvider, which are final. One of such methods is createDiagram(IAdaptable contextElement, java.lang.String diagramKind, PreferencesHint preferencesHint) method.

I didn't post it as a bug, because I'm not sure if it's really a bug or not. Did anyone before had same kind of problems? I would appreciate if you can help me.

P.S. I did use Migrate to GMF 2.2.

regards,
Re: Migration to GMF 2.2: Compile errors [message #487902 is a reply to message #487664] Thu, 24 September 2009 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have any idea how to resolve my problem?

Should I post it as a bug?

regards,
Re: Migration to GMF 2.2: Compile errors [message #488009 is a reply to message #487902] Fri, 25 September 2009 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I'm also using GMF 2.2 and I don't have any problems.

Quote:

I have a class called ArchevolViewProvider which basically extends org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.providers.AbstractViewP rovider, both of them are generated by GMF.

The problems is that somehow methods in the class ArchevolViewProvider try to override methods in AbstractViewProvider, which are final. One of such methods is createDiagram(IAdaptable contextElement, java.lang.String diagramKind, PreferencesHint preferencesHint) method.

In my case the (generated) implementation looks a little bit different:
public class SampelViewProvider extends AbstractProvider implements
		IViewProvider { ....}

I suppose there could be some difficulties when GMF tries to merge your previous implementation (perhaps before 2.2) with your actual generator model. Did you try to delete the regarding class and simply regenerate your diagram editor?

Best regards,

sas

Re: Migration to GMF 2.2: Compile errors [message #488535 is a reply to message #488009] Tue, 29 September 2009 07:48 Go to previous message
Thank you SAS. It did fix my problem!

regards,
-Adlan.
Previous Topic:Spontaneous Validation: how to add custom markers and problems?
Next Topic:Exception while creating View for certain elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:05:13 GMT 2024