Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to refresh Eclipse RCP Application Workbench Views
How to refresh Eclipse RCP Application Workbench Views [message #467804] Tue, 07 February 2006 06:51 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: anila_alex_panicker.yahoo.com

We have developed a Workbench using Eclipse RCP.In this workbench we have to refresh a view after certain actions performrd in the menu bar. A file is selected from the navigator and certain operation is done with the file. The result is shown in another view.The data that has to be displayed in the view may be changed after the menubar action is performed each time according to the file selected from the navigator. But this revised data will not be reflected in the view below.

How to refresh the view without closing the view page.
Please somebody help me to include listeners to refresh the view, or suggest any other way.

Please help me fast
Re: How to refresh Eclipse RCP Application Workbench Views [message #467806 is a reply to message #467804] Tue, 07 February 2006 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: hoeggerand.post.ch

I assume you the action coming up out of the toolbar is running in a
different plugin as the view to be refreshed. Then use an extension
point to propagate the selection. Your view simply implements this
extension and invokes a refresh. This would be the most eclipse like
way. Otherwise you can globally find the view by using { MyView view =
(MyView)PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow() .getActivePage().findView( "your
view id");{. The common observer pattern would also be a possibility.
You see there is not one way to solve your problem, probably there is
one preferred way (the fist suggestion).
Hope it helped
andy

Anila Alex wrote:
> We have developed a Workbench using Eclipse RCP.In this workbench we have to refresh a view after certain actions performrd in the menu bar. A file is selected from the navigator and certain operation is done with the file. The result is shown in another view.The data that has to be displayed in the view may be changed after the menubar action is performed each time according to the file selected from the navigator. But this revised data will not be reflected in the view below.
>
> How to refresh the view without closing the view page.
> Please somebody help me to include listeners to refresh the view, or suggest any other way.
>
> Please help me fast
Re: How to refresh Eclipse RCP Application Workbench Views [message #467813 is a reply to message #467806] Tue, 07 February 2006 10:22 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: anila_alex_panicker.yahoo.com

Sir,

Thank u for the suggestion.But I couldnt get u properly.

Did u suggest "refreshprovider", which is in the extensions.Or do we have to add listener classes for getting the action.

This is a single application having different actions. All the actions can be done on the same file like object listing of the file, xml generation of the file etc...The view showing the list of objects must refresh according to the file selected in the editor, without closing the view.
Previous Topic:swt Table data not displayed properly
Next Topic:How to disable table popup text field on Linux/GTK?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:10:16 GMT 2024