Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » communicating to a hidden view
communicating to a hidden view [message #467371] Thu, 03 May 2007 10:55 Go to next message
byrebg Mising name is currently offline byrebg Mising nameFriend
Hi,
I Have an Rcp application with 4 views. Each view communicates to the other view. Currently i cannot close any view. I would want to improve it such that i can close any view and open it from Show View (I Have achieved this). But once i close a view and make some action in one of the opened view, which should communicate to the closed view. Naturally this will throw an error.

How can i handle this problem, as i see the same behaviour is handled in eclipse also (i.e. Navigator view and outline view.).

Thanks and Regards
Byre
Re: communicating to a hidden view [message #467373 is a reply to message #467371] Thu, 03 May 2007 11:08 Go to previous message
Stefan Langer is currently offline Stefan LangerFriend
Byre BG schrieb:
> Hi,
> I Have an Rcp application with 4 views. Each view communicates to the other view. Currently i cannot close any view. I would want to improve it such that i can close any view and open it from Show View (I Have achieved this). But once i close a view and make some action in one of the opened view, which should communicate to the closed view. Naturally this will throw an error.
How is your communication done?
You should use a event approach and when closing a view simply
unregister all listeners to that view. If you are simply interested in
selections use the ISelectionProvider interface and set the selection
provider on your ViewSite.

> How can i handle this problem, as i see the same behaviour is handled in eclipse also (i.e. Navigator view and outline view.).
Well eclipse uses the selection provider to communicate between the
views. See above for details.

Regards
Stefan
Previous Topic:How to access a view from another view?
Next Topic:Install Handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 13:39:40 GMT 2024