Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » text cut-off in title area of TitleAreaDialog
text cut-off in title area of TitleAreaDialog [message #466773] Tue, 24 April 2007 18:04
Conor O'Mahony is currently offline Conor O'MahonyFriend
Hi,

I have a subclass of TitleAreaDialog that I am using as a super class to all other dialogs I have.
However I am running into a problem where the title text and the message text in the title area is
being truncated when the title or message is very long. I think this is a result of the fact that I
want to impose a maximum width on all my dialogs so I have over-ridden getInitialSize() to never
return a size that is larger than a certain maximum. The reason for this is that I want to ensure
that dialogs are never larger than 640, as the application may run on machines that have 640X480
display resolution.

Is there any way I can get even the title text of the dialog to wrap, or will I just have to accept
that if I want to impose the maximum width that it will result in the text being truncated in the
title area?

Many thanks,
Conor
Previous Topic:Re: Excited about Eclipse Forms in 3.3M5 - Porting EditorPart to FormEditor
Next Topic:Auto Complete Combo Box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 16:43:58 GMT 2024