Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » eclipse 3.3 and Resource Navigator
eclipse 3.3 and Resource Navigator [message #465280] Wed, 28 March 2007 07:26 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fanny.boulaire.csiro.au

Hi,

I have upgraded to Eclipse 3.3M5, to be able to use EMF and BIRT together within an RCP application that works fine in Eclipse 3.2.

My problem is that I cannot see any projects or files in my resource Navigator anymore.
The code previously used in the declareWorkbenchImages() method (similar to http://eclipsezone.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=91883079 &#91883079) isn't working anymore and I get the following error message:

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jface.resource.JFaceResources.getResources(JFace Resources.java:186)
at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageRegistry.<init>(ImageRegistry.java:151)
at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageRegistry.<init>(ImageRegistry.java:123)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchImages.initializeImageRegis try(WorkbenchImages.java:568)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchImages.getDescriptors(Workb enchImages.java:469)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchImages.declareImage(Workben chImages.java:456)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.declareImage(Wor kbenchConfigurer.java:105)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Re: eclipse 3.3 and Resource Navigator [message #465308 is a reply to message #465280] Wed, 28 March 2007 12:11 Go to previous message
Hugo A. Garcia is currently offline Hugo A. GarciaFriend
First suggestion is to check the plugin dependencies of your
application. A lot of plugins got refactored (split up, new ones created
and such) and certain items might in 3.3 might not be backward compatible.

-H
Previous Topic:help with paintlistener
Next Topic:Save as...for Perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:49:17 GMT 2024