Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » "Network Graphical editor"
"Network Graphical editor" [message #464685] Mon, 28 November 2005 17:47 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eduard.grasa.tsc.upc.edu

Hello,

I'm developing an application based on Eclipse RCP. One of the applications editor's must act like a kind of "network graphical editor":

a) one must be able to drag and drop icons(may be labels or buttons) representing switches.

b) one must be able to move icons (may be labels or buttons) and place them in any location of the editor (the editor will be a canvas).

c) lines representing connectivity must be automatically drawn between each pair of connected switches.

I was wondering is SWT/JFace is enough to code all this functionality, or if I will need something more sophisticated as Draw2D and maybe GEF. If you have any suggestions, comments, I will be very grateful. Thanks for your time!!
Re: "Network Graphical editor" [message #464689 is a reply to message #464685] Mon, 28 November 2005 18:10 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

Definitly step up to Draw2D and GEF. The kind of drawing you need to do
would be very cumbersome using straight SWT/JFAce.

Eduard Grasa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing an application based on Eclipse RCP. One of the applications editor's must act like a kind of "network graphical editor":
>
> a) one must be able to drag and drop icons(may be labels or buttons) representing switches.
>
> b) one must be able to move icons (may be labels or buttons) and place them in any location of the editor (the editor will be a canvas).
>
> c) lines representing connectivity must be automatically drawn between each pair of connected switches.
>
> I was wondering is SWT/JFace is enough to code all this functionality, or if I will need something more sophisticated as Draw2D and maybe GEF. If you have any suggestions, comments, I will be very grateful. Thanks for your time!!

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:Tree node deselection
Next Topic:how to do a "table of tables"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:17:44 GMT 2024