Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #464415] Wed, 23 November 2005 11:06 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.lebeau.websurf.be

Actually(pilot phase) 10 users have the problems:
My SWT application shuts down with no reason and always at different
location in the application.

the error is always the following and sometimes the java trace stop on
org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.VtblCall(IIILorg/ecli pse/swt/internal/ole/win32/GUID;IILorg/eclipse/swt/internal/ ole/win32/DISPPARAMS;ILorg/eclipse/swt/internal/ole/win32/EX CEPINFO;[I)I+

sometimes on j org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.FindWindowW([C[C)I+0


and ...

it seems to happend org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32...
is it a problem... when can it happend?
i dont understand and don't find the location in my application...
Of course we have many interaction with activex and so on...

in 2 month, we have 15000 users so the problem is major and we have to
found a solution...

Can you help me...

thanks in adavance

Fred


#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7c911bf4, pid=2604,
tid=3832
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0-b64 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C [ntdll.dll+0x11bf4]
#
Re: urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #464502 is a reply to message #464415] Wed, 23 November 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Are you using an ActiveX control or a Browser widget? What version of
Eclipse/SWT are you running against?

Sounds like:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=105887

"Lebeau frederic" <frederic.lebeau@websurf.be> wrote in message
news:bd95da5dbb492a5fd1b8415220a86434$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Actually(pilot phase) 10 users have the problems:
> My SWT application shuts down with no reason and always at different
> location in the application.
>
> the error is always the following and sometimes the java trace stop on
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.VtblCall(IIILorg/ecli pse/swt/internal/ole/win32/GUID;IILorg/eclipse/swt/internal/ ole/win32/DISPPARAMS;ILorg/eclipse/swt/internal/ole/win32/EX CEPINFO;[I)I+
>
> sometimes on j org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.FindWindowW([C[C)I+0
>
>
> and ...
>
> it seems to happend org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32...
> is it a problem... when can it happend?
> i dont understand and don't find the location in my application...
> Of course we have many interaction with activex and so on...
>
> in 2 month, we have 15000 users so the problem is major and we have to
> found a solution...
>
> Can you help me...
>
> thanks in adavance
>
> Fred
>
>
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7c911bf4, pid=2604,
> tid=3832
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0-b64 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C [ntdll.dll+0x11bf4]
> #
>
Re: urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #464541 is a reply to message #464502] Thu, 24 November 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.lebeau.websurf.be

It's some ActiveX control (that's why we have chosen SWT ...
to communicate with some embed activeX...

The version of swt is 2.0.0...

dll: swt-win32-3061.dll

I'm trying to update to the latest version...


The problme seems to be not the same as the bugs report...

Frederic
Re: urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #464920 is a reply to message #464541] Thu, 01 December 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Have you had any success with the latest version of SWT?

You say that the version of SWT you were using is 2.0.0 but your dll version
is from 3.0 RC4 (just prior to the final release of 3.0). Are you sure you
are using 2.0?

There is a good possibility that in some call to OleAutomation.invoke() you
are passing invalid parameters. Your stack trace should point out which
call to OleAutomation.invoke is failing. You need to be careful when the
argument is null. Some ActiveX controls do not check for null before
dereferencing an argument which will result in an access violation.

The fact that you sometimes get errors in OS.FindWindowW is very strange
because SWT does not call this OS function. Are you calling this in your
own code?

"Frederic Lebeau" <frederic.lebeau@websurf.be> wrote in message
news:e5890a8476df33969ab0b2664beaf128$1@www.eclipse.org...
> It's some ActiveX control (that's why we have chosen SWT ... to
> communicate with some embed activeX...
>
> The version of swt is 2.0.0...
> dll: swt-win32-3061.dll
>
> I'm trying to update to the latest version...
>
>
> The problme seems to be not the same as the bugs report...
>
> Frederic
>
Re: urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #465126 is a reply to message #464415] Tue, 06 December 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.lebeau.websurf.be

Hello,

Today i've found the problem but not the solution...
Its not easy to explain but i try:

- i've an ActiveX on the top of the microsoft IE Explorer
- we use the Window.external.Do to send event to the activex wich is
handled in my application in using oleListener SWT object
- my SWT close the oleControlSite activeX
- my SWT create a new instance of the activeX and launch an URL
- On load of this url a javascript is executed and Window.external.Get is
exezcuted
- new swt oleListener handle vent, do some process and execute a
setProperty on hte activeX

and sometimes... crash down...
Re: urgent - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION [message #465351 is a reply to message #465126] Fri, 09 December 2005 16:03 Go to previous message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Is there anything unusual about the url you have loaded - does it have any
applets, does it embed Flash or any activeX control in the web page?

"Frederic lebeau" <frederic.lebeau@websurf.be> wrote in message
news:6e11cae41cd48046a6b18f86f1b2b88e$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> Today i've found the problem but not the solution...
> Its not easy to explain but i try:
>
> - i've an ActiveX on the top of the microsoft IE Explorer
> - we use the Window.external.Do to send event to the activex wich is
> handled in my application in using oleListener SWT object
> - my SWT close the oleControlSite activeX
> - my SWT create a new instance of the activeX and launch an URL
> - On load of this url a javascript is executed and Window.external.Get is
> exezcuted
> - new swt oleListener handle vent, do some process and execute a
> setProperty on hte activeX
>
> and sometimes... crash down...
>
Previous Topic:SWT.DLL for Pocket PC
Next Topic:Updating labels during runtime
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 24 21:58:08 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01304 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top