Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Which control can realise the drawer effect.
Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #463985] Wed, 16 November 2005 09:09 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: maohaili.yahoo.com.cn

I'd like to have a list like the drawer.
It called palette in GEF. But I want to use it in the viewpart, what shall
I do?
Re: Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #464077 is a reply to message #463985] Wed, 16 November 2005 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Spiewak is currently offline Daniel SpiewakFriend
The only thing I can suggest is to actually use the GEF widget in your application.
Re: Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #464089 is a reply to message #464077] Wed, 16 November 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

It's not a widget. It's a light-weight figure that knows how to draw on
a GEF Viewer (the viewer is the heavy-weight widget, it is a canvas).

Daniel Spiewak wrote:
> The only thing I can suggest is to actually use the GEF widget in your application.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #464210 is a reply to message #464089] Fri, 18 November 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Spiewak is currently offline Daniel SpiewakFriend
I'm actually entirely unfamiliar with GEF other than its uses in EMF and VE. I used the term 'widget' in its generic sense. Thanks for clarifying though!
Re: Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #464249 is a reply to message #464210] Sat, 19 November 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

However, I do believe the drawer is straight Draw2d, and I believe
Draw2D doesn't require anything other than SWT. So you can do figures
and stuff outside of Eclipse with straight SWT. You just can't use any
of the GEF plugin stuff.

Check with the eclipse.tools.gef newsgroup. They can give a better answer.

Daniel Spiewak wrote:
> I'm actually entirely unfamiliar with GEF other than its uses in EMF and VE. I used the term 'widget' in its generic sense. Thanks for clarifying though!

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Which control can realise the drawer effect. [message #464255 is a reply to message #464249] Sat, 19 November 2005 08:42 Go to previous message
venkataramana m is currently offline venkataramana mFriend
I assume drawer is something by clicking on which some other homgeneous button like controls should be made visible. That can be emulated to some extent by the PGroup control (check www.swtplus.com). PGroup is a control offered free by swtplus. It is soon going to become part of the Eclipse SWT subproject "nebula".

Thanks
~Venkat
Previous Topic:KTable breaks MVC
Next Topic:Current SWT program plus JFace questions...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:12:12 GMT 2024