Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to add PropertySheet to RCP application?
How to add PropertySheet to RCP application? [message #461087] Fri, 05 January 2007 01:05 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zjg.robin.gmail.com

Hi,

In my RCP application, I want to use the PropertySheet, first, I wrote the following code in my Perspective class:

public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) {
layout.setEditorAreaVisible(true);
IFolderLayout right = layout.createFolder("right", IPageLayout.RIGHT, 0.29f, layout.getEditorArea());
right.addView("org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheet ");

}

when it launchs, an exception occurs:
Exception in org.eclipse.ui.internal.FolderLayout.addView(String): org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: View descriptor not found: org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheet
Reason:
Exception in org.eclipse.ui.internal.FolderLayout.addView(String): org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: View descriptor not found: org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.PropertySheet

So, I think I need to declare that I need the org.eclipse.ui.views, so, I add it in the dependencies page and try again, but this time it even can not launch.

I guess I should declare the views extension in the extensions page, so I did, but in vain.

I am confusing, how to use the propertySheet?

Thanks. Robin
Re: How to add PropertySheet to RCP application? [message #461089 is a reply to message #461087] Fri, 05 January 2007 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Blewitt is currently offline Alex BlewittFriend
You'll need to add the org.eclipse.ui.views bundle, and then click on 'add required bundles'. It's also a good idea to have a checkbox 'validate configuration prior to launch' selected by default. Both of those are found on the launch configurations window, which you can get to by Run -> Run... or Debug -> Debug...

You'll also need to add that as a dependency to your RCP application to ensure that ti's started when the app comes up.

Alex.
Re: How to add PropertySheet to RCP application? [message #461106 is a reply to message #461087] Fri, 05 January 2007 03:35 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zjg.robin.gmail.com

Thank you.

By your advice, I found my mistake: the ID descriptor string for PropertySheet not includes 'properties'.

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:Issue with Splash screen on top of logon prompt
Next Topic:Getting i18n setting from database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 01:14:52 GMT 2024