Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » XML Editor
XML Editor [message #460686] Thu, 28 December 2006 10:19 Go to next message
krishna is currently offline krishnaFriend
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
I have to show an XML, present in the filesystem, in an RCP application.

Is there a way I can extend the default XML editors present in Eclipse to
show the fiel. I need to show it in the editable tree table format as it
shown in eclipse

Need information regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Krishna
Re: XML Editor [message #460687 is a reply to message #460686] Thu, 28 December 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Please search the newsgroup before asking questions I've already
answered this kind of question in a post dating from December, 22nd.

If this is not sufficient for you please follow up here or ask the guys
from WTP how to include the tree-editor they are providing.

Tom

krishna schrieb:
> I have to show an XML, present in the filesystem, in an RCP application.
>
> Is there a way I can extend the default XML editors present in Eclipse to
> show the fiel. I need to show it in the editable tree table format as it
> shown in eclipse
>
> Need information regarding this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Regards,
> Krishna
>
>
Re: XML Editor [message #460700 is a reply to message #460687] Thu, 28 December 2006 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishna is currently offline krishnaFriend
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks Tom!

I tried to build a multi page editor, following the instruction given at

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components/sse/tutorials /multipage-editor-tutorial.html#test

When i try to open a editor(using a tollbar action) with the shown code the
program stops exectuing at the line marked below. On the RCP application
where I called the action no change is seen. The RCP application doesn't
hang. It seems like there is no action due to the clicking of the toolbar
button.

File file= queryFile();

if (file != null) {



IWorkbenchPage page=
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActi vePage();

FileEditorInput input = new FileEditorInput(ifile);

try {

page.openEditor(input,MultiPageEditor.ID );

} catch (PartInitException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}}



private File queryFile() {

FileDialog dialog= new
FileDialog(PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindo w().getShell(),
SWT.OPEN);

dialog.setText("Open File");

String path= dialog.open();

IPath ipath = new Path(path);



if (path != null && path.length() > 0)

return new File(path);

return null;

}



Any help regardin the issue will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Kirshna



"Tom Schindl" <tom.schindl@bestsolution.at> wrote in message
news:en06q4$h1s$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> Please search the newsgroup before asking questions I've already
> answered this kind of question in a post dating from December, 22nd.
>
> If this is not sufficient for you please follow up here or ask the guys
> from WTP how to include the tree-editor they are providing.
>
> Tom
>
> krishna schrieb:
>> I have to show an XML, present in the filesystem, in an RCP application.
>>
>> Is there a way I can extend the default XML editors present in Eclipse to
>> show the fiel. I need to show it in the editable tree table format as it
>> shown in eclipse
>>
>> Need information regarding this issue.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Krishna
>>
>>
Re:Extending XML Editor with TableTree [message #460776 is a reply to message #460700] Fri, 29 December 2006 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishna is currently offline krishnaFriend
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

I was able to resolve the previous problem, of not being able to open the
XML editor, even in text format.

I wanted some pointers regarding developing a multipage editor for opening
the XML file in a tabletree format, as default XML editor do in JBoss
Eclipse IDE.

I am able to do the page for showing raw text. I want to know how to go
about developing the tabletree page of it.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Krishna
Re: Changing the properties of XMLTableTreeViewer [message #460781 is a reply to message #460776] Fri, 29 December 2006 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishna is currently offline krishnaFriend
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

I was able to get the treetable viewer using
org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLTableTreeViewer ;

I want to make the treetable read only and the change the contents of
context sensitive menu. Is there any way I can do it.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Krishna
Re: Changing the properties of XMLTableTreeViewer [message #460783 is a reply to message #460781] Fri, 29 December 2006 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

as already said you should ask the WTP guys on their newsgroup/mailing
list how this can be done if it can. Please also note that the class you
are using seems to be internal and can be changed/removed/... without
notification from the WTP team.

Tom

krishna schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to get the treetable viewer using
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLTableTreeViewer ;
>
> I want to make the treetable read only and the change the contents of
> context sensitive menu. Is there any way I can do it.
>
> Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Regards,
> Krishna
>
Re: Changing the properties of XMLTableTreeViewer [message #460797 is a reply to message #460783] Fri, 29 December 2006 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishna is currently offline krishnaFriend
Messages: 48
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks Tom!!

I am new to Eclipse Forum.

Regards,
Krishna
Re: Changing the properties of XMLTableTreeViewer [message #549420 is a reply to message #460797] Mon, 26 July 2010 15:25 Go to previous message
Ankit Goel is currently offline Ankit GoelFriend
Messages: 9
Registered: May 2010
Junior Member
Hey,

I am kind of stuck with the same problem. I want to make the treetable read only. Did u get a solution for this???
If yes kindly share it.

Regards,
Ankit
Previous Topic:Visibility at toolbar-contribution
Next Topic:Need help getting started with RCP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Nov 29 13:58:29 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01869 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top