Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Latest SWT Integration Builds fail JUnit tests?
Latest SWT Integration Builds fail JUnit tests? [message #452606] Wed, 23 March 2005 10:19 Go to next message
Benjamin Pasero is currently offline Benjamin PaseroFriend
Messages: 337
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I wanted to use an up-to-date SWT Integration Build, but for the last
builts I am not seeing any version with succeeding JUnit Tests.

Is it planned to have a fail-free SWT version in the next days? If not,
I will have to use SWT from 3.1 M5a, although some cool bugfixes (e.g.
Tablesorting on Mac) would not be included.

Ben
Re: Latest SWT Integration Builds fail JUnit tests? [message #452609 is a reply to message #452606] Wed, 23 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Pasero is currently offline Benjamin PaseroFriend
Messages: 337
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ok, looks like the latest nightlys pass all tests. Is it safe to use
SWT nightlys if all test are completed successfully?

Ben


> Hi,
>
> I wanted to use an up-to-date SWT Integration Build, but for the last
> builts I am not seeing any version with succeeding JUnit Tests.
>
> Is it planned to have a fail-free SWT version in the next days? If not,
> I will have to use SWT from 3.1 M5a, although some cool bugfixes (e.g.
> Tablesorting on Mac) would not be included.
>
> Ben
Re: Latest SWT Integration Builds fail JUnit tests? [message #452616 is a reply to message #452609] Wed, 23 March 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Messages: 2151
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Nightly builds are fine to test with, but they're not suggested for real end
use (this is the general wisdom for all eclipse components, not just swt).
The next milestone, which should produce a well-tested version, is Friday
April 1st. If this is too late for you then you're probably best with M5a,
unless the latest nightly builds contain something significant for you, in
which case you can try it but test your app extra-well on all platforms that
you care about.

Grant

"Benjamin Pasero" <bpasero@rssowl.org> wrote in message
news:d1rmn0$o0n$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Ok, looks like the latest nightlys pass all tests. Is it safe to use
> SWT nightlys if all test are completed successfully?
>
> Ben
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to use an up-to-date SWT Integration Build, but for the last
> > builts I am not seeing any version with succeeding JUnit Tests.
> >
> > Is it planned to have a fail-free SWT version in the next days? If not,
> > I will have to use SWT from 3.1 M5a, although some cool bugfixes (e.g.
> > Tablesorting on Mac) would not be included.
> >
> > Ben
Re: Latest SWT Integration Builds fail JUnit tests? [message #452733 is a reply to message #452616] Thu, 24 March 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
Benjamin Pasero is currently offline Benjamin PaseroFriend
Messages: 337
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Grant Gayed wrote:

>Nightly builds are fine to test with, but they're not suggested for real end
>use (this is the general wisdom for all eclipse components, not just swt).
>The next milestone, which should produce a well-tested version, is Friday
>April 1st. If this is too late for you then you're probably best with M5a,
>unless the latest nightly builds contain something significant for you, in
>which case you can try it but test your app extra-well on all platforms that
>you care about.
>
>
Ok, but what about integration builts. As far as I understood, those are
tested
versions of the latest nightlies (e.g. JUnit tests should pass).

Yes, I would like to use a built that is after 3.1 M5a for some reasons
(including
SelectionEvent received from TableColumn on Mac allowing to sort a Table
after
click on the Header). I am going to use todays Integration Built which
seems to
pass all Junit Tests.

Ben

>Grant
>
>"Benjamin Pasero" <bpasero@rssowl.org> wrote in message
>news:d1rmn0$o0n$1@news.eclipse.org...
>
>
>>Ok, looks like the latest nightlys pass all tests. Is it safe to use
>>SWT nightlys if all test are completed successfully?
>>
>>Ben
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I wanted to use an up-to-date SWT Integration Build, but for the last
>>>builts I am not seeing any version with succeeding JUnit Tests.
>>>
>>>Is it planned to have a fail-free SWT version in the next days? If not,
>>>I will have to use SWT from 3.1 M5a, although some cool bugfixes (e.g.
>>>Tablesorting on Mac) would not be included.
>>>
>>>Ben
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Using setData when there is a viewer
Next Topic:Hi! some errors occur in my platform
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 18 11:49:32 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01529 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top