Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Tree eats tab key on windows?
Tree eats tab key on windows? [message #452387] Fri, 18 March 2005 22:58 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Is this in a faq somewhere?

Bob Foster
Re: Tree eats tab key on windows? [message #452496 is a reply to message #452387] Mon, 21 March 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Messages: 2151
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This doesn't happen for me, it fires a Traverse and then moves focus to the
next widget. If you have a snippet that shows it behaving wrong then please
log a report with Platform - SWT, thanks.

Grant

"Bob Foster" <bob@objfac.com> wrote in message
news:d1fmek$9et$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Is this in a faq somewhere?
>
> Bob Foster
Re: Tree eats tab key on windows? [message #452511 is a reply to message #452496] Mon, 21 March 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Grant Gayed wrote:
> This doesn't happen for me, it fires a Traverse and then moves focus to the
> next widget. If you have a snippet that shows it behaving wrong then please
> log a report with Platform - SWT, thanks.

That's equivalent to what I saw. In my RCP app there was no next widget,
so tab was silently swallowed. Is there a reason this tab behavior is
hard-wired? I know the behavior is appropriate for dialogs, but not for
every use of a Tree.

Bob
Re: Tree eats tab key on windows? [message #452513 is a reply to message #452511] Mon, 21 March 2005 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Bob Foster wrote:
> That's equivalent to what I saw. In my RCP app there was no next widget,
> so tab was silently swallowed. Is there a reason this tab behavior is
> hard-wired? I know the behavior is appropriate for dialogs, but not for
> every use of a Tree.

I guess one could set doit false on the Traverse event?

Bob
Re: Tree eats tab key on windows? [message #452515 is a reply to message #452513] Mon, 21 March 2005 20:21 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Messages: 2151
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, Tab is considered to be a traversal key unless you tell it otherwise
with doit=false. Not having a subsequent widget to traverse to does not
change this behaviour.

Grant

"Bob Foster" <bob@objfac.com> wrote in message
news:423F2978.1090408@objfac.com...
> Bob Foster wrote:
> > That's equivalent to what I saw. In my RCP app there was no next widget,
> > so tab was silently swallowed. Is there a reason this tab behavior is
> > hard-wired? I know the behavior is appropriate for dialogs, but not for
> > every use of a Tree.
>
> I guess one could set doit false on the Traverse event?
>
> Bob
Previous Topic:Fake Tooltip delay time too short
Next Topic:Is there a File Dialog that can select both Files and Directories?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 17 17:02:49 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top