Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application
How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application [message #451223] Mon, 19 June 2006 04:12 Go to next message
Rohit Khariwal is currently offline Rohit KhariwalFriend
Hi,
I want key board support for special features in my RCP application. like in eclipse i can change the view by using "ctrl+F7". the same thing i want in my Application

Can anybody tell me how can i achieve this

thanks
Re: How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application [message #451226 is a reply to message #451223] Mon, 19 June 2006 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicole Schumacher is currently offline Nicole SchumacherFriend
Hi,

maybe this can help you:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/FAQ_How_do_I_create_my_own _key-binding_configuration%3F
http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/guide/wrkAdv_keyBindings.htm

nicole

Rohit Khariwal wrote:
> Hi,
> I want key board support for special features in my RCP application. like in eclipse i can change the view by using "ctrl+F7". the same thing i want in my Application
>
> Can anybody tell me how can i achieve this
>
> thanks
Re: How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application [message #467475 is a reply to message #451226] Fri, 04 May 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a.heikhaus.cenit.de

Hi,

I have the same problem. I defined my own context and scheme. But now i need to support working without a mouse. So i have the problem, that i need a shortcut for choosing views like the CTRL+F7 shortcut. I could implement a function like that but isn´t it more beautiful to use the existing functionality?

My question: How can i realize that? For me i see the following ways:
1. Taking the eclipse-action (Where is that action defined?) and integrating this action via extensions in my application. Is that useful?

2. Writing an own action. The fast way but it does not satisfy me....

Any other idea? Some links or articles?

Thanks

André
Re: How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application [message #467477 is a reply to message #467475] Fri, 04 May 2007 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: a.heikhaus.cenit.de

Found this nice link: http://www.eclipsezone.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9203 8431&#92038431

(Sometimes defining another search condition is very helpful.......)

So i now did this way and defined a command and i binding with the id org.eclipse.ui.window.nextView. That works!

The only question i now have: Is it possible to define the action not hardcoded but over extension point?

Thanx

André
Re: How to enable default keyboard support in RCP application [message #467719 is a reply to message #467475] Thu, 10 May 2007 13:01 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Heikhaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem. I defined my own context and scheme. But now i need to support working without a mouse. So i have the problem, that i need a shortcut for choosing views like the CTRL+F7 shortcut. I could implement a function like that but isn´t it more beautiful to use the existing functionality?
>
> My question: How can i realize that? For me i see the following ways:
> 1. Taking the eclipse-action (Where is that action defined?) and integrating this action via extensions in my application. Is that useful?

To get most of those actions, you use ActionFactory in your application
action bar advisor. If you create and register(*) it, it will be
available for the appropriate command.

Later,
PW

Previous Topic:Selection problems in editors
Next Topic:How to acess native libraries (dlls on Windows) from a plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 18:24:15 GMT 2024