Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put
SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put [message #449715] Fri, 28 January 2005 01:22 Go to next message
kent gibson is currently offline kent gibsonFriend
Messages: 114
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi-ya

Does anyone know if it is possible to catch the get or post from the
browser?

When someone fills out a form on a web page and presses send I would like
to catch exactly what was sent.

I betcha you could do it with get, by converting the new url into
parameters but what about a post command?

If it won't work with the swt browser, short of creating a proxy server
and sniffing out every thing that gets sent are there any other ways?

thanks a million

kent
Re: SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put [message #449761 is a reply to message #449715] Fri, 28 January 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christophe Cornu is currently offline Christophe CornuFriend
Messages: 304
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
What do you intend to use that info for? This might give us ideas to help
you.

Chris
Re: SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put [message #449808 is a reply to message #449761] Sun, 30 January 2005 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kent gibson is currently offline kent gibsonFriend
Messages: 114
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Christophe Cornu wrote:

> What do you intend to use that info for? This might give us ideas to help
> you.

> Chris

thanks in your interest.

I would would like a user to be presented with a web page with n forms on
it, then they insert a pre defined string in a form field and perhaps
choose some options and then press send. Then I would like to capture the
get or post message including all of the arguments, which was sent as per
the form fields action property.

This way I can deduce exactly which form on a page is the search form. I
had a look at the Internet Explorer activeX interface and I didn't see
anything useful, unless I missed something, below is it's api.

I suppose I could replace all the action parameters of every form field to
point to some server process of my own and then catch the message but that
seems like overkill. Then I also reckon I could set up some sort of local
proxy server and sniff out every http packet but also that seems like
overkill. Do any clever people have any ideas? - thanks

Functions for Shell.Explorer :

METHOD (id = 500) :
Signature : int Navigate2([in] Variant * URL, [optional, in] Variant *
Flags, [optional, in] Variant * TargetFrameName, [optional, in] Variant *
PostData, [optional, in] Variant * Headers)
Description : Navigates to a URL or file or pidl.
Help File : null

METHOD (id = 501) :
Signature : int QueryStatusWB([in] UserDefined cmdID, [out, retval]
UserDefined * pcmdf)
Description : IOleCommandTarget::QueryStatus
Help File : null

METHOD (id = 502) :
Signature : int ExecWB([in] UserDefined cmdID, [in] UserDefined
cmdexecopt, [optional, in] Variant * pvaIn, [optional, in, out] Variant *
pvaOut)
Description : IOleCommandTarget::Exec
Help File : null

METHOD (id = 503) :
Signature : int ShowBrowserBar([in] Variant * pvaClsid, [optional, in]
Variant * pvarShow, [optional, in] Variant * pvarSize)
Description : Set BrowserBar to Clsid
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = -525) :
Signature : int ReadyState([out, retval] UserDefined * plReadyState)
Description : null
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 550) :
Signature : int Offline([out, retval] boolean * pbOffline)
Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 550) :
Signature : int Offline([in] boolean pbOffline)
Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 551) :
Signature : int Silent([out, retval] boolean * pbSilent)
Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 551) :
Signature : int Silent([in] boolean pbSilent)
Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 552) :
Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([out, retval] boolean * pbRegister)
Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
resolution)
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 552) :
Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([in] boolean pbRegister)
Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
resolution)
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 553) :
Signature : int RegisterAsDropTarget([out, retval] boolean * pbRegister)
Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 553) :
Signature : int RegisterAsDropTarget([in] boolean pbRegister)
Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 554) :
Signature : int TheaterMode([out, retval] boolean * pbRegister)
Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 554) :
Signature : int TheaterMode([in] boolean pbRegister)
Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 555) :
Signature : int AddressBar([out, retval] boolean * Value)
Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 555) :
Signature : int AddressBar([in] boolean Value)
Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
Help File : null

PROPERTY GET (id = 556) :
Signature : int Resizable([out, retval] boolean * Value)
Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
Help File : null

PROPERTY PUT (id = 556) :
Signature : int Resizable([in] boolean Value)
Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
Help File : null
Re: SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put [message #452408 is a reply to message #449808] Sun, 20 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Derflinger is currently offline Thomas DerflingerFriend
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Kent, did you find a solution to your GET / SET issue?

I have the same problem, I need to get the text that the user edited in
a <textarea> form. I tried with Document.documentElement.innerHTML but
that only retrieves the HTML without the user input.


-Thomas

kent wrote:
> Christophe Cornu wrote:
>
>> What do you intend to use that info for? This might give us ideas to
>> help you.
>
>
>> Chris
>
>
> thanks in your interest.
>
> I would would like a user to be presented with a web page with n forms
> on it, then they insert a pre defined string in a form field and perhaps
> choose some options and then press send. Then I would like to capture
> the get or post message including all of the arguments, which was sent
> as per the form fields action property.
>
> This way I can deduce exactly which form on a page is the search form. I
> had a look at the Internet Explorer activeX interface and I didn't see
> anything useful, unless I missed something, below is it's api.
>
> I suppose I could replace all the action parameters of every form field
> to point to some server process of my own and then catch the message but
> that seems like overkill. Then I also reckon I could set up some sort of
> local proxy server and sniff out every http packet but also that seems
> like overkill. Do any clever people have any ideas? - thanks
>
> Functions for Shell.Explorer :
>
> METHOD (id = 500) : Signature : int Navigate2([in] Variant * URL,
> [optional, in] Variant * Flags, [optional, in] Variant *
> TargetFrameName, [optional, in] Variant * PostData, [optional, in]
> Variant * Headers)
> Description : Navigates to a URL or file or pidl.
> Help File : null
>
> METHOD (id = 501) : Signature : int QueryStatusWB([in] UserDefined
> cmdID, [out, retval] UserDefined * pcmdf)
> Description : IOleCommandTarget::QueryStatus
> Help File : null
>
> METHOD (id = 502) : Signature : int ExecWB([in] UserDefined cmdID,
> [in] UserDefined cmdexecopt, [optional, in] Variant * pvaIn, [optional,
> in, out] Variant * pvaOut)
> Description : IOleCommandTarget::Exec
> Help File : null
>
> METHOD (id = 503) : Signature : int ShowBrowserBar([in] Variant *
> pvaClsid, [optional, in] Variant * pvarShow, [optional, in] Variant *
> pvarSize)
> Description : Set BrowserBar to Clsid
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = -525) : Signature : int ReadyState([out,
> retval] UserDefined * plReadyState)
> Description : null
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 550) : Signature : int Offline([out, retval]
> boolean * pbOffline)
> Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 550) : Signature : int Offline([in] boolean
> pbOffline)
> Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 551) : Signature : int Silent([out, retval]
> boolean * pbSilent)
> Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 551) : Signature : int Silent([in] boolean
> pbSilent)
> Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 552) : Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([out,
> retval] boolean * pbRegister)
> Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
> resolution)
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 552) : Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([in]
> boolean pbRegister)
> Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
> resolution)
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 553) : Signature : int
> RegisterAsDropTarget([out, retval] boolean * pbRegister)
> Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 553) : Signature : int
> RegisterAsDropTarget([in] boolean pbRegister)
> Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 554) : Signature : int TheaterMode([out,
> retval] boolean * pbRegister)
> Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 554) : Signature : int TheaterMode([in] boolean
> pbRegister)
> Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 555) : Signature : int AddressBar([out, retval]
> boolean * Value)
> Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 555) : Signature : int AddressBar([in] boolean
> Value)
> Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY GET (id = 556) : Signature : int Resizable([out, retval]
> boolean * Value)
> Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
> Help File : null
>
> PROPERTY PUT (id = 556) : Signature : int Resizable([in] boolean
> Value)
> Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
> Help File : null
>
>
>
Re: SWT Browser - Catching Get / Put [message #452482 is a reply to message #452408] Mon, 21 March 2005 10:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: kent.generatescape.com

The only way I can figure it out, is that you send the contents to a server
and then send the results back to yourself! Sounds convulated but should
work.

Please contact me if you have a better way, cuz this echo servlet
implemenation does not please me at all.


"Tommy" <tderflinger@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:d1juf3$681$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hi Kent, did you find a solution to your GET / SET issue?
>
> I have the same problem, I need to get the text that the user edited in a
> <textarea> form. I tried with Document.documentElement.innerHTML but that
> only retrieves the HTML without the user input.
>
>
> -Thomas
>
> kent wrote:
>> Christophe Cornu wrote:
>>
>>> What do you intend to use that info for? This might give us ideas to
>>> help you.
>>
>>
>>> Chris
>>
>>
>> thanks in your interest.
>>
>> I would would like a user to be presented with a web page with n forms on
>> it, then they insert a pre defined string in a form field and perhaps
>> choose some options and then press send. Then I would like to capture the
>> get or post message including all of the arguments, which was sent as per
>> the form fields action property.
>>
>> This way I can deduce exactly which form on a page is the search form. I
>> had a look at the Internet Explorer activeX interface and I didn't see
>> anything useful, unless I missed something, below is it's api.
>>
>> I suppose I could replace all the action parameters of every form field
>> to point to some server process of my own and then catch the message but
>> that seems like overkill. Then I also reckon I could set up some sort of
>> local proxy server and sniff out every http packet but also that seems
>> like overkill. Do any clever people have any ideas? - thanks
>>
>> Functions for Shell.Explorer :
>>
>> METHOD (id = 500) : Signature : int Navigate2([in] Variant * URL,
>> [optional, in] Variant * Flags, [optional, in] Variant * TargetFrameName,
>> [optional, in] Variant * PostData, [optional, in] Variant * Headers)
>> Description : Navigates to a URL or file or pidl.
>> Help File : null
>>
>> METHOD (id = 501) : Signature : int QueryStatusWB([in] UserDefined
>> cmdID, [out, retval] UserDefined * pcmdf)
>> Description : IOleCommandTarget::QueryStatus
>> Help File : null
>>
>> METHOD (id = 502) : Signature : int ExecWB([in] UserDefined cmdID,
>> [in] UserDefined cmdexecopt, [optional, in] Variant * pvaIn, [optional,
>> in, out] Variant * pvaOut)
>> Description : IOleCommandTarget::Exec
>> Help File : null
>>
>> METHOD (id = 503) : Signature : int ShowBrowserBar([in] Variant *
>> pvaClsid, [optional, in] Variant * pvarShow, [optional, in] Variant *
>> pvarSize)
>> Description : Set BrowserBar to Clsid
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = -525) : Signature : int ReadyState([out, retval]
>> UserDefined * plReadyState)
>> Description : null
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 550) : Signature : int Offline([out, retval]
>> boolean * pbOffline)
>> Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 550) : Signature : int Offline([in] boolean
>> pbOffline)
>> Description : Controls if the frame is offline (read from cache)
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 551) : Signature : int Silent([out, retval]
>> boolean * pbSilent)
>> Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 551) : Signature : int Silent([in] boolean
>> pbSilent)
>> Description : Controls if any dialog boxes can be shown
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 552) : Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([out,
>> retval] boolean * pbRegister)
>> Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
>> resolution)
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 552) : Signature : int RegisterAsBrowser([in]
>> boolean pbRegister)
>> Description : Registers OC as a top-level browser (for target name
>> resolution)
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 553) : Signature : int
>> RegisterAsDropTarget([out, retval] boolean * pbRegister)
>> Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 553) : Signature : int RegisterAsDropTarget([in]
>> boolean pbRegister)
>> Description : Registers OC as a drop target for navigation
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 554) : Signature : int TheaterMode([out, retval]
>> boolean * pbRegister)
>> Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 554) : Signature : int TheaterMode([in] boolean
>> pbRegister)
>> Description : Controls if the browser is in theater mode
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 555) : Signature : int AddressBar([out, retval]
>> boolean * Value)
>> Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 555) : Signature : int AddressBar([in] boolean
>> Value)
>> Description : Controls whether address bar is shown
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY GET (id = 556) : Signature : int Resizable([out, retval]
>> boolean * Value)
>> Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
>> Help File : null
>>
>> PROPERTY PUT (id = 556) : Signature : int Resizable([in] boolean
>> Value)
>> Description : Controls whether the window is resizable
>> Help File : null
>>
>>
Previous Topic:Checking & Greying tree items
Next Topic:How to display popup menu on LMouseButtonUP ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jul 22 14:20:39 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01754 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top