Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Question concerning Tables and TableTrees
Question concerning Tables and TableTrees [message #448418] Sun, 09 January 2005 18:37 Go to next message
Oliver Andrich is currently offline Oliver AndrichFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi everybody,

I am just fighting with Tables and TableTrees and I have some questions
about these two classes.

- Can the Grid within a table be turned off? I don't want any borders
between the table cells at all.

- Can the "tree part" of a TableTree be displayed in a different column
then the first one? Or do I have to implement my own "TableTree" to get
this done?

Best regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich - http://blog.fitheach.de/
Re: Question concerning Tables and TableTrees [message #448463 is a reply to message #448418] Mon, 10 January 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Northover is currently offline Steve NorthoverFriend
Messages: 1636
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
> - Can the Grid within a table be turned off? I don't want any borders
> between the table cells at all.
>
It should be off by default. Table.setLinesVisible(true) is needed to turn
it on.

> - Can the "tree part" of a TableTree be displayed in a different column
> then the first one? Or do I have to implement my own "TableTree" to get
> this done?
>
This can't be done using the native tree. Specifically, Windows does not
support this.
Re: Question concerning Tables and TableTrees [message #448477 is a reply to message #448463] Mon, 10 January 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Andrich is currently offline Oliver AndrichFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Steve Northover schrieb:
>>- Can the Grid within a table be turned off? I don't want any borders
>>between the table cells at all.
>>
>
> It should be off by default. Table.setLinesVisible(true) is needed to turn
> it on.

This works for a Table without problems, when I set it to a
TableTreeViewers Table it doesnot work. No big Problem, would be just a
nice design question. :)

>>- Can the "tree part" of a TableTree be displayed in a different column
>>then the first one? Or do I have to implement my own "TableTree" to get
>>this done?
>
> This can't be done using the native tree. Specifically, Windows does not
> support this.

Okay, thanks for this information.

Best regards, Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich - http://blog.fitheach.de/
Re: Question concerning Tables and TableTrees [message #448605 is a reply to message #448477] Tue, 11 January 2005 20:51 Go to previous message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
> This works for a Table without problems, when I set it to a
> TableTreeViewers Table it doesnot work. No big Problem, would be just a
> nice design question. :)

This must be a bug in TableTreeViewer because the underlying TableTree
behaves just like Table. Enter a bug report against Platform UI.


"Oliver Andrich" <fitheach@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:crus0u$oid$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Steve Northover schrieb:
>>>- Can the Grid within a table be turned off? I don't want any borders
>>>between the table cells at all.
>>>
>>
>> It should be off by default. Table.setLinesVisible(true) is needed to
>> turn
>> it on.
>
> This works for a Table without problems, when I set it to a
> TableTreeViewers Table it doesnot work. No big Problem, would be just a
> nice design question. :)
>
>>>- Can the "tree part" of a TableTree be displayed in a different column
>>>then the first one? Or do I have to implement my own "TableTree" to get
>>>this done?
>>
>> This can't be done using the native tree. Specifically, Windows does not
>> support this.
>
> Okay, thanks for this information.
>
> Best regards, Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Andrich - http://blog.fitheach.de/
Previous Topic:Dynamic column widths in tables
Next Topic:Removing items from TableTree
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Apr 20 08:39:13 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top