Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Buildin personal SWT
Buildin personal SWT [message #447275] Mon, 13 December 2004 00:35 Go to next message
fabio is currently offline fabioFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi, I'm trying to build a jar file following the instruction in
build_custom.xml. As target I set swtdownload.wince.1 as I would like to use
them on a PPC 2003. Almost everything is OK, but I can't add custom widgets
to my library (because build_custom forces to set off custom widgets). If I
force to compile all files (deleting some excludes) I get a compiling error
and ANT stops.
Does someone know if there's a reason for that? I mean for not letting
people use custom widgets (or debug info) on PPC.
Thanks
Fabio

Compiling error:
copy.subset:

[copy] Copying 472 files to
C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\temp.folder\ws\w in32\swt.jar.bin

[javac] Compiling 444 source files

[javac]
C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\temp.folder\ws\w in32\swt.jar.bin\org\eclipse\swt\custom\StyledText.java:3425 :
getContents(org.eclipse.swt.dnd.Transfer) in org.eclipse.swt.dnd.Clipboard
cannot be applied to (org.eclipse.swt.dnd.TextTransfer,int)

[javac] return clipboard.getContents(plainTextTransfer, clipboardType);

[javac] ^

[javac]
C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\temp.folder\ws\w in32\swt.jar.bin\org\eclipse\swt\custom\StyledText.java:6693 :
setContents(java.lang.Object[],org.eclipse.swt.dnd.Transfer[ ]) in
org.eclipse.swt.dnd.Clipboard cannot be applied to
(java.lang.String[],org.eclipse.swt.dnd.Transfer[],int)

[javac] clipboard.setContents(

[javac] ^

[javac] 2 errors

BUILD FAILED:
C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\build_custom.xml :197: The
following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\build_custom.xml :183: The
following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\build_custom.xml :83: The
following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\eclipse\workspace1\org.eclipse.swt.win32\build_custom.xml :72: Compile
failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 54 seconds
Re: Buildin personal SWT [message #447413 is a reply to message #447275] Tue, 14 December 2004 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christophe Cornu is currently offline Christophe CornuFriend
Messages: 304
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
StyledText is not supported on the Pocket PC - it has dependencies on
Windows API specific to desktop versions. And in general, custom widgets are
not tested on that platform. It's usually preferable to prefer native
widgets on the Pocket PC, for size, performance and look and feel reasons.
If you have a particular case where you think you absolutly need a custom
widget, please open a PR to let us know.

You can add debug info if you wish on the Pocket PC. The default is to
remove it to reduce the jar size by about 30%. This means you don't get line
information in a stack trace - but you still get a stack trace. Let us know
if you need more details to toggle the 'debug' info from the
build_custom.xml.

Chris
Re: Buildin personal SWT [message #447576 is a reply to message #447413] Wed, 15 December 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fabio is currently offline fabioFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> StyledText is not supported on the Pocket PC - it has dependencies on
> Windows API specific to desktop versions. And in general, custom widgets
> are not tested on that platform. It's usually preferable to prefer native
> widgets on the Pocket PC, for size, performance and look and feel reasons.
> If you have a particular case where you think you absolutly need a custom
> widget, please open a PR to let us know.

Well, I think at least ScrolledComposite... How can I open a PR?
I know size and performance are essential in PocketPC, but new handhelds
have a big storage capacity and I think that having a swt.jar of 600KB or
1100KB won't make any difference...

> information in a stack trace - but you still get a stack trace. Let us
> know if you need more details to toggle the 'debug' info from the
> build_custom.xml.
>
And yes, debug info could be interesting...

thanks a lot
Fabio
Re: Buildin personal SWT [message #447919 is a reply to message #447576] Tue, 21 December 2004 22:59 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Messages: 2150
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
In this context PR means Feature Request:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_feature.cgi

Grant

"fabio" <fabio.kruger@libero.it> wrote in message
news:cpo0i8$mjb$1@www.eclipse.org...
> > StyledText is not supported on the Pocket PC - it has dependencies on
> > Windows API specific to desktop versions. And in general, custom widgets
> > are not tested on that platform. It's usually preferable to prefer
native
> > widgets on the Pocket PC, for size, performance and look and feel
reasons.
> > If you have a particular case where you think you absolutly need a
custom
> > widget, please open a PR to let us know.
>
> Well, I think at least ScrolledComposite... How can I open a PR?
> I know size and performance are essential in PocketPC, but new handhelds
> have a big storage capacity and I think that having a swt.jar of 600KB or
> 1100KB won't make any difference...
>
> > information in a stack trace - but you still get a stack trace. Let us
> > know if you need more details to toggle the 'debug' info from the
> > build_custom.xml.
> >
> And yes, debug info could be interesting...
>
> thanks a lot
> Fabio
>
>
Previous Topic:mouse over clickable region in TableTreeViewer
Next Topic:CellEditorValidator's returned error message
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 22 22:06:09 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01952 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top