Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problems with RCP application (First Problem)
Problems with RCP application (First Problem) [message #445974] Sun, 12 March 2006 01:32 Go to next message
Antonio Gurisatti is currently offline Antonio GurisattiFriend
I have an application (MyApp) that has a perspective with the following initial layout:

public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) {
layout.setEditorAreaVisible(false);
// Left side area
IFolderLayout leftfolder = layout.createFolder("connections",
IPageLayout.LEFT, 0.33f, layout.getEditorArea());
leftfolder.addPlaceholder(NavigatorView.ID + ":*");
// Top side area
IFolderLayout topfolder = layout.createFolder("editors",
IPageLayout.TOP, 0.70f, layout.getEditorArea());
topfolder.addPlaceholder("com.maguri.derbypad.views.top*" + ":*");
// Bottom side area
IFolderLayout bottomfolder = layout.createFolder("results",
IPageLayout.BOTTOM, 0.25f, layout.getEditorArea());
bottomfolder.addPlaceholder("com.maguri.derbypad.views.bottom* ");
// Show console
bottomfolder.addView(IConsoleConstants.ID_CONSOLE_VIEW);
}

Additionally, In the preWindowOpen() method of the ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor I created a message console and added it to the console manager.

When the application starts, its supposed to show the left and top areas empty, and the console in the bottom area.

Now, the problem is that the exported application (that runs outside Eclipse) has the following behaviour:

1. The first time I launch the application it's ok (Left and top areas shown empty and console in bottom area).

2. There after, when launching the application, the bottom area (where the console area is) covers all usable area and left and top empty areas are not shown.

Now the real question: Is there a way to keep the behaviour exactly the same as in the first launch of application?

Thanks a lot for any help
Re: Problems with RCP application (First Problem) [message #445979 is a reply to message #445974] Sun, 12 March 2006 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Zapletal is currently offline Lukas ZapletalFriend
Dne Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:32:29 EST
Antonio Gurisatti <maguri@epm.net.co> napsal(a):

> Now the real question: Is there a way to keep the behaviour exactly the same as in the first launch of application?

By disabling the saving of the RCP state?

configurer.setSaveAndRestore(false);

--
Best regards,
Lukas Zapletal
Re: Problems with RCP application (First Problem) [message #446007 is a reply to message #445974] Sun, 12 March 2006 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: paulnews.gmail.com

That sounds like a bug ... could you please open a bug report at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ against Eclipse - Platform/UI

Describe your usecase (and your little snippet of code), your OS and
eclipse version information.

Later,
PW
Re: Problems with RCP application (First Problem) [message #1148167 is a reply to message #445974] Mon, 21 October 2013 10:08 Go to previous message
Thomas Weskamp is currently offline Thomas WeskampFriend
Hello, since it has been a long time, i am not sure if anyone is reading again this post. Nevertheless, I am running into the same (or a very similar) problem. I created an eclipse RCP application and a product with three perspectives. There are a lot of functions implemented, so I tried to clean up the GUI. Each function with its appropriate button is only visible when its belonging perpespective is active. So there are a lot of GUI icons not shown. This works fine while starting the product from the workbench and also launching the first time after exporting the product.
When launching another time, every icon is shown.
I tried this process in Juno and in Kepler, but no difference. There is also no difference when trying the same process in Ubuntu Linux or Windows. I tried to print a console message and discovered the the ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.getInitialPerspectiveID() is called a remarkable amount of times during startup, even when starting a second time.

Is there any help or any hint for help available?
Previous Topic:tags allowed in description (context help)
Next Topic:Way to find required dependencies and add it to Manifest.mf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:14:34 GMT 2024