Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Look of the views
Look of the views [message #445933] Sun, 14 November 2004 22:30 Go to next message
Alejandro Narancio is currently offline Alejandro NarancioFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi for everyone!
Is there a way to change the standard look of the views? For example can i
change the color of the view's tabs?

Thanks and regards,

Alejandro
Re: Look of the views [message #445986 is a reply to message #445933] Mon, 15 November 2004 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Are you asking to do this programmatically for a plugin you are developing
or as a user who doesn't like the default colour of the tabs?
If you are asking for the latter, try :

Select from the top menu Window -> Preferences
Go to the Workbench -> Colors and Fonts preference page.
Expand Workbench in the tree.

There are a number of colours that you can change. The result is shown in
the example folder below.



"Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
news:cn8mah$t0b$1@eclipse.org...
> Hi for everyone!
> Is there a way to change the standard look of the views? For example can i
> change the color of the view's tabs?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Alejandro
>
Re: Look of the views [message #445988 is a reply to message #445986] Mon, 15 November 2004 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alejandro Narancio is currently offline Alejandro NarancioFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Veronika, first of all thank you very much for the answer!

I'm want to do this programmatically, can i do that?

Thanks,

Veronika Irvine wrote:

> Are you asking to do this programmatically for a plugin you are developing
> or as a user who doesn't like the default colour of the tabs?
> If you are asking for the latter, try :

> Select from the top menu Window -> Preferences
> Go to the Workbench -> Colors and Fonts preference page.
> Expand Workbench in the tree.

> There are a number of colours that you can change. The result is shown in
> the example folder below.



> "Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> news:cn8mah$t0b$1@eclipse.org...
>> Hi for everyone!
>> Is there a way to change the standard look of the views? For example can i
>> change the color of the view's tabs?
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Alejandro
>>
Re: Look of the views [message #445989 is a reply to message #445988] Mon, 15 November 2004 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veronika Irvine is currently offline Veronika IrvineFriend
Messages: 1272
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a Workbench framework question. Try asking on
news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform

From the CTabFolder perspective, it is not possible to change the background
or foreground colours for just one tab. The supported granularity is the
selected tab and all the other tabs. If you want to make a tab stand out,
you change the font to be, for example, italic or bold. This technique is
used by the Problems view.

"Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
news:cnao2a$m0k$1@eclipse.org...
> Veronika, first of all thank you very much for the answer!
>
> I'm want to do this programmatically, can i do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Veronika Irvine wrote:
>
>> Are you asking to do this programmatically for a plugin you are
>> developing or as a user who doesn't like the default colour of the tabs?
>> If you are asking for the latter, try :
>
>> Select from the top menu Window -> Preferences
>> Go to the Workbench -> Colors and Fonts preference page.
>> Expand Workbench in the tree.
>
>> There are a number of colours that you can change. The result is shown
>> in the example folder below.
>
>
>
>> "Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>> news:cn8mah$t0b$1@eclipse.org...
>>> Hi for everyone!
>>> Is there a way to change the standard look of the views? For example can
>>> i change the color of the view's tabs?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>>
>>> Alejandro
>>>
>
>
Re: Look of the views [message #445993 is a reply to message #445989] Mon, 15 November 2004 18:41 Go to previous message
Alejandro Narancio is currently offline Alejandro NarancioFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ok, thank you very much again!!!
i'll try to make, and if i have any result i post it.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Veronika Irvine wrote:

> This is a Workbench framework question. Try asking on
> news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform

> From the CTabFolder perspective, it is not possible to change the background
> or foreground colours for just one tab. The supported granularity is the
> selected tab and all the other tabs. If you want to make a tab stand out,
> you change the font to be, for example, italic or bold. This technique is
> used by the Problems view.

> "Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> news:cnao2a$m0k$1@eclipse.org...
>> Veronika, first of all thank you very much for the answer!
>>
>> I'm want to do this programmatically, can i do that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Veronika Irvine wrote:
>>
>>> Are you asking to do this programmatically for a plugin you are
>>> developing or as a user who doesn't like the default colour of the tabs?
>>> If you are asking for the latter, try :
>>
>>> Select from the top menu Window -> Preferences
>>> Go to the Workbench -> Colors and Fonts preference page.
>>> Expand Workbench in the tree.
>>
>>> There are a number of colours that you can change. The result is shown
>>> in the example folder below.
>>
>>
>>
>>> "Alejandro Narancio" <ale.narancio@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>>> news:cn8mah$t0b$1@eclipse.org...
>>>> Hi for everyone!
>>>> Is there a way to change the standard look of the views? For example can
>>>> i change the color of the view's tabs?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks and regards,
>>>>
>>>> Alejandro
>>>>
>>
>>
Previous Topic:3 Problems with wrapping ToolBars which contain Components in special separator items
Next Topic:Dynamic TableTree
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 31 02:35:13 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02082 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top