Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Teneo] Discontinue Jpox support in Teneo 1.1 (Eclipse 3.5/EMF 2.5)?
[Teneo] Discontinue Jpox support in Teneo 1.1 (Eclipse 3.5/EMF 2.5)? [message #428947] Fri, 03 April 2009 11:17
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi,
I don't like to bring up this topic, but I need to...

In contrast to what I hoped for, I notice that it is not possible for me to support the Teneo Jpox integration any longer.

Teneo Jpox is currently based on Jpox 1.1.9 which is already very old, it does not make sense to only support such an
old version. However, especially upgrading Teneo Jpox to DataNucleus (the successor of Jpox) is not possible for me in a
realistic time-frame.

The issue (as always) is lack of capacity and available time. I support Teneo next to 'normal' paid independent
consulting work.

So regarding the Teneo Jpox support there are the following options:
1- someone else volunteers to support Teneo Jpox and upgrade to DataNucleus: if someone is willing to do this I am more
than willing to share all my knowledge and experience. I will take care of setting up the build infrastructure and other
organisational aspects.
2- someone volunteers to fund the upgrade of Teneo Jpox to DataNucleus and fund continued support: although I still have
a lack of time in general, it would mean that I can spend time now spend on consulting. Overall an upgrade would take
about 1 manmonth of work and continued support about 2 day/month.
3- none of the above, Teneo Jpox support stops in the Teneo 1.1 release and Teneo Jpox plugins are removed from the
build of that version.

If no-one reacts within a reasonable time-frame then I will assume that there is no interest in Teneo Jpox and option 3
will automatically be chosen.

Note that in the Teneo 1.1/Eclipse 3.5/EMF 2.5 release we are adding Teneo EclipseLink support. EclipseLink is
maintained by other Teneo committers. With EclipseLink I think there is a very good alternative to Hibernate, with
EclipseLink being an Eclipse project and very much standards compliant.

Let me know your thoughts, opinions and/or any other remarks.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:[CDO] ArrayIndexOutOfBounds in CDOModelUtil