Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Connect Model to SOA
Connect Model to SOA [message #426633] Thu, 15 January 2009 20:44 Go to next message
Erik Englund is currently offline Erik EnglundFriend
EMF seems to work great when you want to connect to a file within the workspace. I would like to use the benefits of EMF but have it persists changes and gets data from a custom back end service.

I am still fairly new to the framework but my guess is I would create a custom resource and Editing Domain to accomplish this. This seems to be the way that EMF Transactions works, as does the Teneo Project. Is this correct?

Problem is I have no idea were to start, or how big an effort this would be.

Also since this is for an RCP app I would like to be able to have a single EMF model that is shared by the entire app. Is there a preferred way to do this?
Re: Connect Model to SOA [message #426634 is a reply to message #426633] Thu, 15 January 2009 21:23 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Erik,

Comments below.

Erik Englund wrote:
> EMF seems to work great when you want to connect to a file within the workspace. I would like to use the benefits of EMF but have it persists changes and gets data from a custom back end service.
>
EMF works generally with URIs and as of EMF 2.4, the URI converter
supports REST fully, including delete and timestamping...
> I am still fairly new to the framework but my guess is I would create a custom resource and Editing Domain to accomplish this. This seems to be the way that EMF Transactions works, as does the Teneo Project. Is this correct?
>
It's not entirely clear what you want to accomplish. Teneo is great for
persisting into a database. CDO is great for sharing objects across a
network.
> Problem is I have no idea were to start, or how big an effort this would be.
>
A specialized URI handler might be sufficient, if you're happy with just
storing the XML form...
> Also since this is for an RCP app I would like to be able to have a single EMF model that is shared by the entire app. Is there a preferred way to do this?
>
Probably it's worth looking into CDO too...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[EMF] Performance hit when remove from a list when Feature is Conatiner = true and EOpposite is that
Next Topic:Default Value for EReference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 07:09:24 GMT 2024