Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB
[CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB [message #426242] Sun, 21 December 2008 15:57 Go to next message
Kai Schlamp is currently offline Kai SchlampFriend
Messages: 344
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hy.

Sometimes my EMF objects contain strings longer than the appropriate
VARCHAR columns that CDO created for those objects in the derby
database. Are there any options for the normal Derby Store to use CLOB's
for specific attributes?
Or is my only option to use the HibernateStore?

Greets,
Kai
Re: [CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB [message #426245 is a reply to message #426242] Mon, 22 December 2008 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6498
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Kai,

Unfortunately the proprietary DBStore has currently no means to
configure model-specific mappings.
But we'd be glad to have them. Are you interested in working together
with us for this purpose?

So Hibernate is certainly your only option if you don't want to
contribute ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com



Kai Schlamp schrieb:
> Hy.
>
> Sometimes my EMF objects contain strings longer than the appropriate
> VARCHAR columns that CDO created for those objects in the derby
> database. Are there any options for the normal Derby Store to use
> CLOB's for specific attributes?
> Or is my only option to use the HibernateStore?
>
> Greets,
> Kai


Re: [CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB [message #426248 is a reply to message #426245] Mon, 22 December 2008 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Schlamp is currently offline Kai SchlampFriend
Messages: 344
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hy Eike.

Another option was to simply manipulate the database by hand ;-)
But I will see how I can contribute as I dig further into CDO.
Perhaps with some kind of starter tutorial as I miss that a bit at the
moment. Most of the info is a bit scattered (newsgroup, snippets,
tutorial, Eclipsecon presentation) at the moment.
I hope I will find some time in the near future.

Greets,
Kai


Eike Stepper schrieb:
> Kai,
>
> Unfortunately the proprietary DBStore has currently no means to
> configure model-specific mappings.
> But we'd be glad to have them. Are you interested in working together
> with us for this purpose?
>
> So Hibernate is certainly your only option if you don't want to
> contribute ;-)
>
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
> ----
> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
>
>
>
> Kai Schlamp schrieb:
>> Hy.
>>
>> Sometimes my EMF objects contain strings longer than the appropriate
>> VARCHAR columns that CDO created for those objects in the derby
>> database. Are there any options for the normal Derby Store to use
>> CLOB's for specific attributes?
>> Or is my only option to use the HibernateStore?
>>
>> Greets,
>> Kai
Re: [CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB [message #426336 is a reply to message #426248] Thu, 25 December 2008 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Winkler is currently offline Stefan WinklerFriend
Messages: 301
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hi,

some time ago, someone did propose an API to pass DB creation hints to
the DBStore (in that case it were custom DB indexes the DB store was
supposed to add). I can't remember if there's a bugzilla for that.

> But I will see how I can contribute as I dig further into CDO.

You are more than welcome to participate. :-)

> Perhaps with some kind of starter tutorial as I miss that a bit at the
> moment. Most of the info is a bit scattered (newsgroup, snippets,
> tutorial, Eclipsecon presentation) at the moment.

Most of CDOs internals are not very much documented explicitly, but the
code is quite readable and mostly harmless ... errr.... clean, that is. :-)

And if you have any questions about some of the mechanisms, please do
not hesitate to ask in the newsgroup. As the group of committers grows,
so does the amount of people who can answer questions on the newsgroup ...

Cheers,
Stefan

> I hope I will find some time in the near future.
>
> Greets,
> Kai
>
>
> Eike Stepper schrieb:
>> Kai,
>>
>> Unfortunately the proprietary DBStore has currently no means to
>> configure model-specific mappings.
>> But we'd be glad to have them. Are you interested in working together
>> with us for this purpose?
>>
>> So Hibernate is certainly your only option if you don't want to
>> contribute ;-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Eike
>>
>> ----
>> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
>>
>>
>>
>> Kai Schlamp schrieb:
>>> Hy.
>>>
>>> Sometimes my EMF objects contain strings longer than the appropriate
>>> VARCHAR columns that CDO created for those objects in the derby
>>> database. Are there any options for the normal Derby Store to use
>>> CLOB's for specific attributes?
>>> Or is my only option to use the HibernateStore?
>>>
>>> Greets,
>>> Kai
Re: [CDO] DerbyStore and CLOB [message #426337 is a reply to message #426336] Fri, 26 December 2008 10:21 Go to previous message
Victor Roldan Betancort is currently offline Victor Roldan BetancortFriend
Messages: 524
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Kai, Stefan,

> some time ago, someone did propose an API to pass DB creation hints to
> the DBStore (in that case it were custom DB indexes the DB store was
> supposed to add). I can't remember if there's a bugzilla for that.

You mean this:

256635: [DB] Make DBStore Database schema initialization configurable
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=256635

Eike and I proposed to use annotations to customize the behaviour of the
IStore. I think this might fulfil Kai's needs.

Regards, and Happy Christmas!
VĂ­ctor.
Previous Topic:[CDO] mapping error with DB Store and StringToStringMap + List
Next Topic:Re: How to customize the date type of xsd in EMF
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jun 06 05:05:42 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03302 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top