Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] O-R mapping
[CDO] O-R mapping [message #423497] Wed, 01 October 2008 13:34 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: andras.okros.optxware.com

Hi group,

If I'm not mistaken, CDO supports multiple inheritance?. Related to
this, we are just curious, which kind of Object-Relation mapping does
the CDO use? Is there any documentation about it on the web, which I missed?

Best regards,
András
Re: [CDO] O-R mapping [message #423498 is a reply to message #423497] Wed, 01 October 2008 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6464
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi András,

This depends on many things ;-)

First it depends on the configured IStore implementation (backend
adapter), e.g. HibernateStore, DBStore, ...
The mapping of the HibernateStore obviously depends on the Hibernate
mapping.
The mapping of the DBStore depends on the configured IMappingStrategy.
Currently only a HorizontalMappingStrategy is available that maps each
concrete class to a dedicated table.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers
/Eike


András Ökrös schrieb:
> Hi group,
>
> If I'm not mistaken, CDO supports multiple inheritance?. Related to
> this, we are just curious, which kind of Object-Relation mapping does
> the CDO use? Is there any documentation about it on the web, which I
> missed?
>
> Best regards,
> András


Re: [CDO] O-R mapping [message #423499 is a reply to message #423498] Wed, 01 October 2008 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6464
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Forgot to point you to this brief article:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO_Server_Configuration_Reference#E lement_mappingStrategy


Eike Stepper schrieb:
> Hi András,
>
> This depends on many things ;-)
>
> First it depends on the configured IStore implementation (backend
> adapter), e.g. HibernateStore, DBStore, ...
> The mapping of the HibernateStore obviously depends on the Hibernate
> mapping.
> The mapping of the DBStore depends on the configured IMappingStrategy.
> Currently only a HorizontalMappingStrategy is available that maps each
> concrete class to a dedicated table.
>
> Does this answer your question?
>
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
>
> András Ökrös schrieb:
>> Hi group,
>>
>> If I'm not mistaken, CDO supports multiple inheritance?. Related to
>> this, we are just curious, which kind of Object-Relation mapping does
>> the CDO use? Is there any documentation about it on the web, which I
>> missed?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> András


Re: [CDO] O-R mapping [message #423506 is a reply to message #423499] Wed, 01 October 2008 15:03 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: andras.okros.optxware.com

Hi Eike,

It answers my questions, thank you :).

Cheers
András

Eike Stepper írta:
> Forgot to point you to this brief article:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO_Server_Configuration_Reference#E lement_mappingStrategy
>
>
>
> Eike Stepper schrieb:
>> Hi András,
>>
>> This depends on many things ;-)
>>
>> First it depends on the configured IStore implementation (backend
>> adapter), e.g. HibernateStore, DBStore, ...
>> The mapping of the HibernateStore obviously depends on the Hibernate
>> mapping.
>> The mapping of the DBStore depends on the configured IMappingStrategy.
>> Currently only a HorizontalMappingStrategy is available that maps each
>> concrete class to a dedicated table.
>>
>> Does this answer your question?
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Eike
>>
>>
>> András Ökrös schrieb:
>>> Hi group,
>>>
>>> If I'm not mistaken, CDO supports multiple inheritance?. Related to
>>> this, we are just curious, which kind of Object-Relation mapping does
>>> the CDO use? Is there any documentation about it on the web, which I
>>> missed?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> András
Previous Topic:[Databinding] Creating a ComboViewer for an EReference
Next Topic:[CDO] maybe some mistakes about CDO and Teneo
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 20 18:13:35 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01312 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top