Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » svn authentication issue
svn authentication issue [message #383470] Sun, 15 March 2009 18:23 Go to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
Hi there,

After not having used Buckminster with a vanilla eclipse for a while, I now noticed a problem with the current Buckminster version and svn
authentication. I am using Subversive with the SVNKit connector and a svn+ssh connection. When I try to resolve a query in a fresh workspace
without an already existing repository location and without supplying credentials for the svn connection, the expected authentication dialog
does not pop up and resolution fails with this message:

ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component myfeature:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath foo
ERROR [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://svnserver/home/svn/foo/trunk/{0}-feature): No component match was found
ERROR: Errors and Warnings
ERROR: [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://svnserver/home/svn/foo/trunk/{0}-feature): No component match
was found: org.eclipse.team.svn.core.connector.SVNConnectorAuthenticati onException: svn: Authentication required for 'svn+ssh://svnserver'

Now, when I manually create the repository location first, still without providing credentials, and then run the resolution, the expected
authentication dialog pops up and everything works just fine.

Versions of features involved:
Buckminster core 1.1.0.r09963
Buckminster Subversive support 1.0.0.r09908
Subversive SVN Team Provider 0.7.6.I20081229-1900
Subversive SVN Connectors 2.1.0.I20090213-1500
SVNKit 1.2.2 Implementation 2.1.0.I20090213-1500

Best regards,
Carsten

PS: Is there going to be a fix for the .qualifier issue from bug #244850 for the 3.4 branch?
PPS: The SVN Repository link on the Buckminster homepage is broken
more svn problems - Re: svn authentication issue [message #383511 is a reply to message #383470] Thu, 19 March 2009 13:53 Go to previous message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
Hi again,

I have encountered a whole lot more svn problems, this time trying headless builds. And this time I don't have the slightest clue how to
work around them...

I am trying to resolve a simple cquery for a feature located in an svn+ssh repository, that - when manually adding the repository first -
runs just fine in the IDE. The query looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0" resourceMap="our.product.rmap">
<cq:rootRequest name="our.feature" componentType="eclipse.feature"/>
<cq:advisorNode namePattern="^our\..*$" mutableLevel="REQUIRE" sourceLevel="REQUIRE" useTargetPlatform="false" useWorkspace="false"/>
<cq:advisorNode namePattern="^thirdparty\..*$" mutableLevel="REQUIRE" sourceLevel="REQUIRE" useTargetPlatform="false"
useWorkspace="false"/>
<cq:advisorNode namePattern="^external\..*$" mutableLevel="DESIRE" sourceLevel="REQUIRE" useTargetPlatform="false" useWorkspace="false"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

where our.* and thirdparty.* have different search pathes in the rmap, but come from the same svn repository, while external comes from an
external svn repository:

<rmap ...>
<searchPath name="our"><!-- same for thirdparty -->
<provider readerType="svn" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,buckminster" mutable="true" source="true">
<uri format="svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}">
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.user" />
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.pass" />
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
</uri>
</provider>
<provider readerType="svn" componentTypes="eclipse.feature" mutable="true" source="true">
<uri format="svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}-feature">
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.user" />
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.pass" />
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>
<searchPath name="external">
<provider readerType="svn" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,buckminster" mutable="true" source="true">
<uri format="https://{0}:{1}@external.com/svn/project/trunk/{2}">
<bc:propertyRef key="ext.user" />
<bc:propertyRef key="ext.pass" />
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>

</rmap>

I am running

> buckminster -data workspace setpref targetPlatformPath=/path/to/eclipse
> buckminster -data workspace -L DEBUG resolve our.feature.cquery -vmargs -Xmx2048m -Dsvn.user=creckord -Dsvn.pass=xxxxxx
-Dext.user=creckord -Dext.pass=yyyyyy

I tried four different setups, with different outcome:

bm34sv: buckminster headless for 3.4 + subversive
bm34sc: buckminster headless for 3.4 + subclipse
bm35sv: buckminster headless for 3.5 + subversive
bm35sc: buckminster headless for 3.5 + subclipse

bm34sv/bm35sv:

On an empty workspace this runs just fine, everything is taken from the expected repositories and materialized into the workspace without
any problems. However, when I run the same cquery again (and would expect buckminster to do an svn up), I get:

resolve 'build/our.feature.cquery'
Platform install location: /home/creckord/buckminster/buckminster34sv
Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
our.feature.cquery:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
Project our.plugin_a.tests now has dynamic dependencies to our.plugin_a
Downloading file:/home/creckord/buckminster/build/our.product.rmap
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Using resource map file:/home/creckord/buckminster/build/our.product.rmap
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Using search path our
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Trying provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2})
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}): Components of type eclipse.feature are not
supported
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Trying provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}-feature)
our.feature:eclipse.feature: trunk/head will be searched
Listing remote folder svn+ssh://oursvn/path/trunk#HEAD
our.feature:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}-feature): No component match was found
our.feature:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component our.feature:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath our
ERROR [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}): Components of type eclipse.feature are not supported
ERROR [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(svn+ssh://{0}:{1}@oursvn/path/trunk/{2}-feature): No component match was found
ERROR: Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is our.feature:eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.model.UnresolvedNodeEx ception: Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is our.feature:eclipse.feature
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.model.UnresolvedNode.a ddMaterializationCandidates(UnresolvedNode.java:51)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.model.BillOfMaterials. addMaterializationCandidates(BillOfMaterials.java:187)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.model.BillOfMaterials. findMaterializationCandidates(BillOfMaterials.java:228)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.MaterializationJob .prepareJobs(MaterializationJob.java:180)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.MaterializationJob .internalRun(MaterializationJob.java:152)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.materializer.MaterializationJob .run(MaterializationJob.java:220)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
ERROR: Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is our.feature:eclipse.feature
Doing full workspace refresh
Waiting for jobs to end
Attempt to use an unresolved node. Request is our.feature:eclipse.feature

The same goes for any other cquery for which search path 'our' would be used.

bm34sc/bm35sc:

I get the above error with that exact same log even the first time on a clean, fresh workspace.

Any hints what I am doing wrong here? Any pointer would be greatly appreciated :)

Best regards,
Carsten
Previous Topic:buckminster headless & p2/dropins folder
Next Topic:Headless cross platform product builds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:15:14 GMT 2024