Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » wost wanted features for Maven integration
wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #3315] Mon, 21 April 2008 19:04 Go to next message
Eugene Kuleshov is currently offline Eugene KuleshovFriend
Messages: 504
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
m2eclipse development team would like your feedback on the most wanted
features for Maven integration for Eclipse. This would help us to plan
and prioritize the new features for the project roadmap.

Please let us know what features and improvements you would like to
see in the next m2eclipse releases and if you are interested in working
on some components.

You can respond here or add your ideas to the corresponding wiki page
[1] or submit and vote on the bug reports [2].

Thank you in advance

m2eclipse team

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Other+Ideas+and+U se+Cases
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #6928 is a reply to message #3315] Thu, 15 May 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulli Hafner is currently offline Ulli HafnerFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
>
> m2eclipse development team would like your feedback on the most wanted
> features for Maven integration for Eclipse. This would help us to plan
> and prioritize the new features for the project roadmap.
>
> Please let us know what features and improvements you would like to see
> in the next m2eclipse releases and if you are interested in working on ere
> some components.
>
> You can respond here or add your ideas to the corresponding wiki page
> [1] or submit and vote on the bug reports [2].
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> m2eclipse team
>
> [1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Other+Ideas+and+U se+Cases
> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE
>

Are there plans to also add an up-to-date support for the Eclipse
compiler? Currently our team compiles the sources locally using the
Eclipse compiler and on the build server using the Java compiler
provided by maven.

It would be cool if the same compilers could be used on the client and
server side. There is an eclipse compiler available in the
plexus-compiler, however this compiler is based on Eclipse 3.1. Would be
cool if this compiler would be Eclipse 3.4 (or at least 3.3).

Thanks, Ulli
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #6952 is a reply to message #6928] Thu, 15 May 2008 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: igorfie.yahoo.com

Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse and
osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class visibility
at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to do this. Tycho
already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to move to 3.3 or 3.4
in the near future. It should be possible to use Tycho compiler in
standalone maven build, but I have not tried this.

Ulli Hafner wrote:
> Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
>>
>> m2eclipse development team would like your feedback on the most
>> wanted features for Maven integration for Eclipse. This would help us
>> to plan and prioritize the new features for the project roadmap.
>>
>> Please let us know what features and improvements you would like to
>> see in the next m2eclipse releases and if you are interested in
>> working on ere
>> some components.
>>
>> You can respond here or add your ideas to the corresponding wiki page
>> [1] or submit and vote on the bug reports [2].
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>>
>> m2eclipse team
>>
>> [1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Other+Ideas+and+U se+Cases
>> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE
>>
>
> Are there plans to also add an up-to-date support for the Eclipse
> compiler? Currently our team compiles the sources locally using the
> Eclipse compiler and on the build server using the Java compiler
> provided by maven.
>
> It would be cool if the same compilers could be used on the client and
> server side. There is an eclipse compiler available in the
> plexus-compiler, however this compiler is based on Eclipse 3.1. Would be
> cool if this compiler would be Eclipse 3.4 (or at least 3.3).
>
> Thanks, Ulli
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #7083 is a reply to message #6952] Fri, 16 May 2008 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulli Hafner is currently offline Ulli HafnerFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
> aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse and
> osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class visibility
> at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to do this. Tycho
> already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to move to 3.3 or 3.4 h

That sounds quite interesting! Is the compiler activated in the same way
as in the plexus compiler flag? Do you have an example configuration how
to use the compiler?

Thanks, Ulli
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #7106 is a reply to message #7083] Fri, 16 May 2008 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Kuleshov is currently offline Eugene KuleshovFriend
Messages: 504
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ulli Hafner wrote:
>> Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
>> aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse and
>> osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class
>> visibility at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to do
>> this. Tycho already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to move
>> to 3.3 or 3.4 h
> That sounds quite interesting! Is the compiler activated in the same
> way as in the plexus compiler flag? Do you have an example
> configuration how to use the compiler?
Please note that maven-osgi-compiler-plugin from Tycho project is used
fro compiling OSGi bundles and I am not sure if it would work for
regular Java projects.

It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long story)
that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<source>1.4</source>
<target>1.4</target>
<compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
</configuration>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
<artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
<version>1.5.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
<artifactId>core</artifactId>
<version>3.3.0-v_771</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
<artifactId>resources</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
<artifactId>runtime</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
<artifactId>filesystem</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.eclipse</groupId>
<artifactId>text</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.eclipse.team</groupId>
<artifactId>core</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>

regards,
Eugene
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #7131 is a reply to message #7106] Fri, 16 May 2008 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: igor.ifedorenko.com

Internally, maven-compiler-plugin uses
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.Compiler with role-hint=jdt which is
provided by tycho-compiler-jdt. I ran a quick test and it looks like you
can activate this compiler in the usual way, i.e.

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<compilerId>jdt</compilerId>
</configuration>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.codehaus.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>tycho-compiler-jdt</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

Please note that I am using locally modified tycho so your results may
differ ;-)

Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
> Ulli Hafner wrote:
>>> Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
>>> aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse and
>>> osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class
>>> visibility at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to do
>>> this. Tycho already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to move
>>> to 3.3 or 3.4 h
>> That sounds quite interesting! Is the compiler activated in the same
>> way as in the plexus compiler flag? Do you have an example
>> configuration how to use the compiler?
> Please note that maven-osgi-compiler-plugin from Tycho project is used
> fro compiling OSGi bundles and I am not sure if it would work for
> regular Java projects.
>
> It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
> plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
> required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long story)
> that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:
>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
> <source>1.4</source>
> <target>1.4</target>
> <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
> </configuration>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
> <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
> <version>1.5.1</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
> <artifactId>core</artifactId>
> <version>3.3.0-v_771</version>
> <exclusions>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
> <artifactId>resources</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
> <artifactId>runtime</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.core</groupId>
> <artifactId>filesystem</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.eclipse</groupId>
> <artifactId>text</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.team</groupId>
> <artifactId>core</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> </exclusions>
> </dependency>
> </dependencies>
> </plugin>
> regards,
> Eugene
>
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #9372 is a reply to message #7106] Fri, 23 May 2008 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulli Hafner is currently offline Ulli HafnerFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
> Ulli Hafner wrote:
>>> Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
>>> aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse and
>>> osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class
>>> visibility at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to do
>>> this. Tycho already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to move
>>> to 3.3 or 3.4 h
>> That sounds quite interesting! Is the compiler activated in the same
>> way as in the plexus compiler flag? Do you have an example
>> configuration how to use the compiler?
> Please note that maven-osgi-compiler-plugin from Tycho project is used
> fro compiling OSGi bundles and I am not sure if it would work for
> regular Java projects.
>
> It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
> plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
> required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long story)
> that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:
>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
> <source>1.4</source>
> <target>1.4</target>
> <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
> </configuration>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
> <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
> <version>1.5.1</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
> <artifactId>core</artifactId>
> <version>3.3.0-v_771</version>

This does not work for me, I get the following exception. (Note
that changing the dependency to Eclipse 3.2.1 results in the
same exception, changing to Eclipse 3.1 works. Seems to be
an incompatible API change).

org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo#execute() caused a
linkage er
ror (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError) and may be out-of-date. Check the realms:
Plugin realm =
app0.child-container
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/mav en-compile
r-plugin/2.0.2/maven-compiler-plugin-2.0.2.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ec
lipse/1.5.1/plexus-compiler-eclipse-1.5.1.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-u tils/1.0.4
/plexus-utils-1.0.4.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ap
i/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-api-1.5.3.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/eclipse/jdt/core/3.3.0-v _771/core-
3.3.0-v_771.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ma
nager/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-manager-1.5.3.jar
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ja
vac/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-javac-1.5.3.jar
Container realm = plexus.core
urls =
file:/C:/Build/Tools/apache-maven-2.0.8/bin/../lib/maven-2.0 .9-uber.ja
r

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
FATAL ERROR

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getProbl ems()[Lorg/ec
lipse/jdt/core/compiler/IProblem;
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult
..getProblems()[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/compiler/IProblem;
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.eclipse.EclipseJavaCompiler$Ecl ipseCompi
lerICompilerRequestor.acceptResult(EclipseJavaCompiler.java: 533)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler. java:398)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.eclipse.EclipseJavaCompiler.com pile(Ecli
pseJavaCompiler.java:206)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(Abstrac tCompiler
Mojo.java:493)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.ja va:114)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(Def aultPlugi
nManager.java:451)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeT askSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute( DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:142)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:33 6)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.
java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.ja va:315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher. java:430)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #9398 is a reply to message #9372] Fri, 23 May 2008 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: igor.ifedorenko.com

Ulli,

Have you tried Tycho compiler I mentioned earlier? It is available from
http://nexus.sonatype.org:8081/nexus/content/repositories/ec lipse-snapshots
repository and currently uses JDT compiler from eclipse 3.2.1 but I'll
be switching it to 3.4 soon.

Ulli Hafner wrote:
> Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
>> Ulli Hafner wrote:
>>>> Not sure how relevant this is, but we have a subproject called Tycho
>>>> aimed at providing first-class maven support for building eclipse
>>>> and osgi bundles. One of Tycho's goals is to enforce OSGi class
>>>> visibility at compile time and we're using Eclipse JDT compiler to
>>>> do this. Tycho already uses Eclipse 3.2 JDT compiler but we plan to
>>>> move to 3.3 or 3.4 h
>>> That sounds quite interesting! Is the compiler activated in the same
>>> way as in the plexus compiler flag? Do you have an example
>>> configuration how to use the compiler?
>> Please note that maven-osgi-compiler-plugin from Tycho project is
>> used fro compiling OSGi bundles and I am not sure if it would work for
>> regular Java projects.
>>
>> It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
>> plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
>> required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long story)
>> that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:
>>
>> <plugin>
>> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>> <configuration>
>> <source>1.4</source>
>> <target>1.4</target>
>> <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
>> </configuration>
>> <dependencies>
>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
>> <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
>> <version>1.5.1</version>
>> </dependency>
>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
>> <artifactId>core</artifactId>
>> <version>3.3.0-v_771</version>
>
> This does not work for me, I get the following exception. (Note
> that changing the dependency to Eclipse 3.2.1 results in the
> same exception, changing to Eclipse 3.1 works. Seems to be
> an incompatible API change).
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo#execute() caused a
> linkage er
> ror (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError) and may be out-of-date. Check the realms:
> Plugin realm =
> app0.child-container
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/mav en-compile
> r-plugin/2.0.2/maven-compiler-plugin-2.0.2.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ec
> lipse/1.5.1/plexus-compiler-eclipse-1.5.1.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-u tils/1.0.4
> /plexus-utils-1.0.4.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ap
> i/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-api-1.5.3.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/eclipse/jdt/core/3.3.0-v _771/core-
> 3.3.0-v_771.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ma
> nager/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-manager-1.5.3.jar
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Maven-Repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-c ompiler-ja
> vac/1.5.3/plexus-compiler-javac-1.5.3.jar
> Container realm = plexus.core
> urls =
> file:/C:/Build/Tools/apache-maven-2.0.8/bin/../lib/maven-2.0 .9-uber.ja
> r
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
> FATAL ERROR
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getProbl ems()[Lorg/ec
> lipse/jdt/core/compiler/IProblem;
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult
> .getProblems()[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/compiler/IProblem;
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.eclipse.EclipseJavaCompiler$Ecl ipseCompi
> lerICompilerRequestor.acceptResult(EclipseJavaCompiler.java: 533)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler. java:398)
>
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.eclipse.EclipseJavaCompiler.com pile(Ecli
> pseJavaCompiler.java:206)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(Abstrac tCompiler
> Mojo.java:493)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.ja va:114)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(Def aultPlugi
> nManager.java:451)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oals(Defa
> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oalWithLi
> fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oal(Defau
> ltLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeG oalAndHan
> dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeT askSegmen
> ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute( DefaultLi
> fecycleExecutor.java:142)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:33 6)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.
> java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAcces
> sorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.ja va:315)
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher. java:430)
>
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #9421 is a reply to message #9372] Fri, 23 May 2008 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Kuleshov is currently offline Eugene KuleshovFriend
Messages: 504
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ulli Hafner wrote:
>> It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
>> plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
>> required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long
>> story) that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:
> This does not work for me,
> urls[0] =
> file:/C:/Build/Tools/apache-maven-2.0.8/bin/../lib/maven-2.0 .9-uber.jar
You do need to use Maven 2.0.9

regards,
Eugene
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #9538 is a reply to message #9421] Mon, 26 May 2008 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulli Hafner is currently offline Ulli HafnerFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Eugene Kuleshov wrote:
> Ulli Hafner wrote:
>>> It should be sufficient to declare newer Eclipse version for
>>> plexus-compiler-eclipse adapter. So here is the magic configuration
>>> required for using Eclipse 3.3 compiler (this is kind of a long
>>> story) that I've tested with Maven 2.0.9:
>> This does not work for me,
>> urls[0] =
>> file:/C:/Build/Tools/apache-maven-2.0.8/bin/../lib/maven-2.0 .9-uber.jar
> You do need to use Maven 2.0.9
>
> regards,
> Eugene
>
Well, I use maven 2.0.9 (just the path is old to avoid changing the
system path), as you see from lib/maven-2.0.9-uber.jar.
Re: wost wanted features for Maven integration [message #9561 is a reply to message #9398] Mon, 26 May 2008 11:56 Go to previous message
Ulli Hafner is currently offline Ulli HafnerFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Ulli,
>
> Have you tried Tycho compiler I mentioned earlier? It is available from
> http://nexus.sonatype.org:8081/nexus/content/repositories/ec lipse-snapshots
> repository and currently uses JDT compiler from eclipse 3.2.1 but I'll
> be switching it to 3.4 soon.
>

I see, I need to add another snapshot repository. I tried without that
and had no success. I'll try again with the new snapshot repository
enabled and let you know...

Thanks, Ulli
Previous Topic:IP Process
Next Topic:contributing to m2e (help wanted issues)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue May 28 14:59:27 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05141 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top