Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Service Oriented Architecture Tools Platform (STP) » [stp-newsgroup] from IRD today
[stp-newsgroup] from IRD today [message #373868] Wed, 11 January 2006 17:49
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: CTRIELOFF.iona.com

Two actions from IRC today.

1. get a concrete proposal for our build system before the IRC next weeks IRC
2. Get the basic pages up for STP project on eclipse.org

Regards
Carl.

[12:03] cctrieloff: It does not seem that everyone got the details for the IRC today.
[12:04] cctrieloff: We will wait a few minutes and then get started
[12:05] cctrieloff: did you get it from the list?
[12:05] rmarins: I'm fine. yes, I got from the newsgroup
[12:05] cctrieloff: great, I have 4 guys on the phone, that could get onto IRC, so I will act as the bridge
[12:06] rmarins: it'll hard for you, but let's see how works
[12:07] cctrieloff: have you got your committer setup back from the eclipse EMO for STP yet?
[12:08] rmarins: yep, i sent agreements by fax yesterday morning, and filled up the questionary by today
[12:09] rmarins: i mean, on my side it's almost done. I'm waiting for my account
[12:09] cctrieloff: Seems to be the common state that we are all still waiting for accounts.
[12:10] cctrieloff: I have been testing the dev lists and they have not yet come live, however I expect that CVS might be up
[12:12] cctrieloff: For the build system we have 3 options
[12:13] cctrieloff: we have the option form ObjectWeb, from Adrian and then a maven setup for build
[12:14] cctrieloff: what we want to do is have all options for the build system discussed by the end of next week, and the we will set a team up to get a hello world building, build the tests, run the test and the coverage
[12:15] cctrieloff: that sound reasonable?
[12:15] DavidBosschaert: Sounds great!
[12:16] cctrieloff: As an action we ask for all those that want to be involved in buildset to self identify and pitch in over the next week in working that out
[12:16] rmarins: looks good, however I miss the point regarding the ObjectWeb option and from Adrian
[12:17] cctrieloff: Someone form ObjectWeb has said that they would like to be involved and had some ideas around this area
[12:17] cctrieloff: The goal will be to have a proposal to implement for the IRC next week
[12:18] cctrieloff: Talking about the creation of the Website
[12:19] cctrieloff: What I was thinking was to copy the basic structure from WTP for home, about , committer page and CVS questions etc
[12:20] cctrieloff: I will then place our charter
[12:21] cctrieloff: and then we will build the STP specific content form there, all ok with that?
[12:21] DavidBosschaert: Sounds like a good starting point.
[12:22] rmarins: yep. just remember: including subprojects sections
[12:23] cctrieloff: are you saying we should include the subprojects in the initial setup of the page?
[12:25] rmarins: yes, subprojects description. thus, we setup each subproject specific pages
[12:25] cctrieloff: I think that we might want get the project text reviewed by a larger group.
[12:25] cctrieloff: ok just the subprojects and a basic description, then add the pages behind that with group review?
[12:25] rmarins: yes, that's right!
[12:27] cctrieloff: we have closed the audio. We will action these two items for next week while we wait out lists and CVS from the EMO
[12:28] rmarins: good. until there, discussions go under the current newsgroups, right?
[12:29] cctrieloff: correct
[12:29] cctrieloff: I will post this to the news list
[12:29] rmarins: great
Previous Topic:[stp-newsgroup] from IRD today
Next Topic:RE: [stp-newsgroup] STP Weekly IRC/ Call
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:05:37 GMT 2024