Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » java.lang.StackOverflowError
java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368312] Wed, 20 May 2009 17:03 Go to next message
Mark is currently offline MarkFriend
Hello,

While I modified my BIRT 2.3 report, It closed itself. I got a message
asked me to check the .log file when I tried to open it again.

I copied part of the log file below. Pls let me know if anyone know how to
fix it to be able to open the BIRT designer. Thanks.

!SESSION 2009-05-20 12:53:50.318
-----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
java.version=1.6.0_02
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-05-20 12:53:56.162
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.contains(Unknow n Source)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.strategy.ReportItemPr opSearchStrategy.getPropertyFromSelf(ReportItemPropSearchStr ategy.java:141)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.ge tNonIntrinsicPropertyFromElement(PropertySearchStrategy.java :183)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.ge tPropertyExceptRomDefault(PropertySearchStrategy.java:89)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignElement.getProperty (DesignElement.java:935)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.ReportItem.getPropert y(ReportItem.java:163)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.ComplexValueHandle.getValu e(ComplexValueHandle.java:121)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DimensionHandle.getUnits(D imensionHandle.java:170)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.ReportItemtHandl eAdapter.getLocation(ReportItemtHandleAdapter.java:55)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.ReportItemtHandl eAdapter.getbounds(ReportItemtHandleAdapter.java:158)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schemat ic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.getBounds(ReportElementEd itPart.java:411)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schemat ic.editparts.TableEditPart.getPreferredSize(TableEditPart.ja va:1042)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.DesignElementHan dleAdapter.getDefaultSize(DesignElementHandleAdapter.java:14 8)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.TableH andleAdapter.getDefaultWidth(TableHandleAdapter.java:700)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.Column HandleAdapter.getWidth(ColumnHandleAdapter.java:100)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.TableH andleAdapter.getDefaultWidth(TableHandleAdapter.java:726)
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368320 is a reply to message #368312] Wed, 20 May 2009 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

Mark,

Are you using 2.3.0? I saw one bug in bugzilla for stack overflow but I
do not believe it is the same issue you have. Can you open a bug and
attach your report to it?

Jason

Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While I modified my BIRT 2.3 report, It closed itself. I got a message
> asked me to check the .log file when I tried to open it again.
>
> I copied part of the log file below. Pls let me know if anyone know how
> to fix it to be able to open the BIRT designer. Thanks.
>
> !SESSION 2009-05-20 12:53:50.318
> -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
> java.version=1.6.0_02
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
> Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-05-20 12:53:56.162
> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
> at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.contains(Unknow n
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.strategy.ReportItemPr opSearchStrategy.getPropertyFromSelf(ReportItemPropSearchStr ategy.java:141)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.ge tNonIntrinsicPropertyFromElement(PropertySearchStrategy.java :183)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.ge tPropertyExceptRomDefault(PropertySearchStrategy.java:89)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignElement.getProperty (DesignElement.java:935)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.ReportItem.getPropert y(ReportItem.java:163)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.ComplexValueHandle.getValu e(ComplexValueHandle.java:121)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DimensionHandle.getUnits(D imensionHandle.java:170)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.ReportItemtHandl eAdapter.getLocation(ReportItemtHandleAdapter.java:55)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.ReportItemtHandl eAdapter.getbounds(ReportItemtHandleAdapter.java:158)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schemat ic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.getBounds(ReportElementEd itPart.java:411)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schemat ic.editparts.TableEditPart.getPreferredSize(TableEditPart.ja va:1042)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.DesignElementHan dleAdapter.getDefaultSize(DesignElementHandleAdapter.java:14 8)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.TableH andleAdapter.getDefaultWidth(TableHandleAdapter.java:700)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.Column HandleAdapter.getWidth(ColumnHandleAdapter.java:100)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.schematic.TableH andleAdapter.getDefaultWidth(TableHandleAdapter.java:726)
>
>
>
>
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368322 is a reply to message #368320] Wed, 20 May 2009 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I am using BIRT 2.3.0. This error occured while I was resizing the
width of a column.

Do you want me to open a bug and attach my report to BIRT support?

Should I re-install BIRT? and how to re-install it?

thanks.
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368323 is a reply to message #368320] Wed, 20 May 2009 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I reported the bug already.

Do you know how to re-install the BIRT and will it fix the problem?

Thanks.
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368324 is a reply to message #368323] Wed, 20 May 2009 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Mark,

Can you try just downloading the allinone for 2.3.2 and open the report?
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/

Just unzip it to a new directory and run the eclipse.exe in it.

Jason

Mark wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I reported the bug already.
>
> Do you know how to re-install the BIRT and will it fix the problem?
> Thanks.
>
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368325 is a reply to message #368324] Wed, 20 May 2009 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I installed BIRT 2.3.2 in another directory and open that report without
any problem. Can I keep both version of BIRT on my computer without
running into any problem?

thanks.

M
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError [message #368332 is a reply to message #368325] Thu, 21 May 2009 15:42 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Sure. I have at least 8 different versions on my mahcine.

Mark wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I installed BIRT 2.3.2 in another directory and open that report without
> any problem. Can I keep both version of BIRT on my computer without
> running into any problem?
>
> thanks.
>
> M
>
Previous Topic:Use of reportItemFigureUI
Next Topic:When do resultsets get retrieved?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:17:55 GMT 2024