Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC
HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #366184] Fri, 05 December 2008 10:23 Go to next message
François is currently offline FrançoisFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I'm using Birt 2.3.1 but have noticed the same behaviour with 2.2.2.

When i do the following :
- create a new report design ;
- insert a "Text" item ;
- change its value to "<VALUE-OF format="HTML"><table
border="1"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column 2</td></tr></table></VALUE-OF>"
;

The HTML output render is correct (the frame of the table is displayed).
However, no line is displayed with PDF and DOC formats (i haven't tested
with others).

I have tried using CSS properties but the result is the same :
<table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
2</td></tr></table>

It seems to be a more general problem as the width is not rendered either.
The following displays two 50% width columns :
<table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%">column 1</td><td
width="80%">column 2</td></tr></table>

Is this a bug? Is this not implemented yet? Am i forgetting something?

François
Re: HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #366188 is a reply to message #366184] Fri, 05 December 2008 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

François,

I believe this is a known issue with Text elements. Can you not use a
grid and the style mechanisms built into BIRT to do the same thing?

Jason

François wrote:
> I'm using Birt 2.3.1 but have noticed the same behaviour with 2.2.2.
>
> When i do the following :
> - create a new report design ;
> - insert a "Text" item ;
> - change its value to "<VALUE-OF format="HTML"><table
> border="1"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
> 2</td></tr></table></VALUE-OF>" ;
>
> The HTML output render is correct (the frame of the table is displayed).
> However, no line is displayed with PDF and DOC formats (i haven't tested
> with others).
>
> I have tried using CSS properties but the result is the same :
> <table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
> 2</td></tr></table>
>
> It seems to be a more general problem as the width is not rendered
> either. The following displays two 50% width columns :
> <table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%">column 1</td><td
> width="80%">column 2</td></tr></table>
>
> Is this a bug? Is this not implemented yet? Am i forgetting something?
>
> François
>
Re: HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #366191 is a reply to message #366188] Fri, 05 December 2008 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
François is currently offline FrançoisFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately i cannot do that as i use Birt to render user generated HTML.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Jason Weathersby wrote:

> François,

> I believe this is a known issue with Text elements. Can you not use a
> grid and the style mechanisms built into BIRT to do the same thing?

> Jason

> François wrote:
>> I'm using Birt 2.3.1 but have noticed the same behaviour with 2.2.2.
>>
>> When i do the following :
>> - create a new report design ;
>> - insert a "Text" item ;
>> - change its value to "<VALUE-OF format="HTML"><table
>> border="1"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
>> 2</td></tr></table></VALUE-OF>" ;
>>
>> The HTML output render is correct (the frame of the table is displayed).
>> However, no line is displayed with PDF and DOC formats (i haven't tested
>> with others).
>>
>> I have tried using CSS properties but the result is the same :
>> <table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
>> 2</td></tr></table>
>>
>> It seems to be a more general problem as the width is not rendered
>> either. The following displays two 50% width columns :
>> <table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%">column 1</td><td
>> width="80%">column 2</td></tr></table>
>>
>> Is this a bug? Is this not implemented yet? Am i forgetting something?
>>
>> François
>>
Re: HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #366193 is a reply to message #366191] Fri, 05 December 2008 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

I logged a bug for this before:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=256746

I do not know of a work around.

Jason

François wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Unfortunately i cannot do that as i use Birt to render user generated HTML.
>
> Is there any workaround for this issue?
>
> Jason Weathersby wrote:
>
>> François,
>
>> I believe this is a known issue with Text elements. Can you not use a
>> grid and the style mechanisms built into BIRT to do the same thing?
>
>> Jason
>
>> François wrote:
>>> I'm using Birt 2.3.1 but have noticed the same behaviour with 2.2.2.
>>>
>>> When i do the following :
>>> - create a new report design ;
>>> - insert a "Text" item ;
>>> - change its value to "<VALUE-OF format="HTML"><table
>>> border="1"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
>>> 2</td></tr></table></VALUE-OF>" ;
>>>
>>> The HTML output render is correct (the frame of the table is displayed).
>>> However, no line is displayed with PDF and DOC formats (i haven't
>>> tested with others).
>>>
>>> I have tried using CSS properties but the result is the same :
>>> <table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td>column
>>> 1</td><td>column 2</td></tr></table>
>>>
>>> It seems to be a more general problem as the width is not rendered
>>> either. The following displays two 50% width columns :
>>> <table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%">column 1</td><td
>>> width="80%">column 2</td></tr></table>
>>>
>>> Is this a bug? Is this not implemented yet? Am i forgetting something?
>>>
>>> François
>>>
>
>
Re: HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #366195 is a reply to message #366193] Fri, 05 December 2008 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.alltel.net

BTW some html will be passed through. As an example look at the sample
db. If you enter a select statement like:
select CLASSICMODELS.PRODUCTLINES.HTMLDESCRIPTION
from CLASSICMODELS.PRODUCTLINES

Add a table and bind it to that dataset and then put a dynamic text
element in that binds to HTMLDESCRIPTION you will see that html works in
html and pdf.

Or open a blank report and drop a dynamic text element in it with the
following expression:
var htmlvar = "";

htmlvar = htmlvar + "<ul>";
htmlvar = htmlvar + "<li><font face='Times New Roman'>No Toxic
Materials</font></li>"
htmlvar = htmlvar + "<li><font face='Times New Roman'>Monogram Service
Available</font></li>"
htmlvar = htmlvar + "<li><font face='Times New Roman'>Batteries Not
Required</font></li>"
htmlvar = htmlvar + "<li><font color='#FF0000' face='Times New
Roman'><i><b>90 Day Money Back Guarantee</b></i></font></li>"
htmlvar = htmlvar + "</ul>";

I believe the issue is with tables.

Jason

Jason Weathersby wrote:
> I logged a bug for this before:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=256746
>
> I do not know of a work around.
>
> Jason
>
> François wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer.
>>
>> Unfortunately i cannot do that as i use Birt to render user generated
>> HTML.
>>
>> Is there any workaround for this issue?
>>
>> Jason Weathersby wrote:
>>
>>> François,
>>
>>> I believe this is a known issue with Text elements. Can you not use
>>> a grid and the style mechanisms built into BIRT to do the same thing?
>>
>>> Jason
>>
>>> François wrote:
>>>> I'm using Birt 2.3.1 but have noticed the same behaviour with 2.2.2.
>>>>
>>>> When i do the following :
>>>> - create a new report design ;
>>>> - insert a "Text" item ;
>>>> - change its value to "<VALUE-OF format="HTML"><table
>>>> border="1"><tr><td>column 1</td><td>column
>>>> 2</td></tr></table></VALUE-OF>" ;
>>>>
>>>> The HTML output render is correct (the frame of the table is
>>>> displayed).
>>>> However, no line is displayed with PDF and DOC formats (i haven't
>>>> tested with others).
>>>>
>>>> I have tried using CSS properties but the result is the same :
>>>> <table style="border:1px solid #000000;"><tr><td>column
>>>> 1</td><td>column 2</td></tr></table>
>>>>
>>>> It seems to be a more general problem as the width is not rendered
>>>> either. The following displays two 50% width columns :
>>>> <table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%">column 1</td><td
>>>> width="80%">column 2</td></tr></table>
>>>>
>>>> Is this a bug? Is this not implemented yet? Am i forgetting something?
>>>>
>>>> François
>>>>
>>
>>
Re: HTML Table rendering in PDF, DOC [message #1774767 is a reply to message #366195] Thu, 19 October 2017 13:43 Go to previous message
Moshe Jacobs is currently offline Moshe JacobsFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: October 2017
Junior Member
Does anyone know if this issue was resolved and if so in which version? Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse birt prints another character instead of superscript three
Next Topic:Birt Viewer Exception
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat May 26 23:03:07 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top