Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » configure C++ project for remote debug BBB arm-linux-gnueabihf(A general question about project configuration)
configure C++ project for remote debug BBB arm-linux-gnueabihf [message #1863933] Thu, 07 March 2024 07:18
kyryl horbushko is currently offline kyryl horbushkoFriend
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to configure C++ project in eclipse for arm-linux-gnueabihf forbeaglebone-blue.

1) Test project Hello world I created for BBB - compile fine and I'm able to debug and produce Debug/Release build

2) Project that was developed for a while by some other dev, that contains some libs, I can't configure correctly.
The project is not new, - it's use a few libs (for example - fmt, openssl, etc

I was able to configure custom toolchain arm-linux-gnueabihf, add dependencies for libs (headers). I'm able to connect to BBB via ssh. I'm sure that gdbserver and toolchain correctly configured, because the test project runs well. It's compile fine but when it's come to linking - I have a problems:

1) it's ask for library locations (here I guess i should link libs already compiled for arm-linux-gnueabihf arch)? Is it possible to add auto compilation for libs or how this expected to be done?
2) Some libs system and custom can't be recognized during linking, even if I added proper name and path - examples are:
- filesystem - unrecognized symbol - I use experimental/filesystem, because filesystem is unrecognized during linking, but it's work until linking process
- same unrecognized symbols for other libs - fmt for example (but I added link to it and compile locally on host)

I tried to search with
whereis <libname>
path to libs and add that path and lib name to the linker config, but got no luck.
If needed can provide any logs or screenshots. If any additional info needed - let me know.

Also I have cmake file in proj, and if I compile directly on bord - I got the working build. What I need - is option to debug this build.

My question is - what I'm doing wrong?
Previous Topic:Eclipse CDT cannot find Cygwin cc program in PATH
Next Topic:Fail to start after upgrade to 2024-03
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 09:22:38 GMT 2024