Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Documentation - Internal FB
Documentation - Internal FB [message #1863805] Tue, 27 February 2024 15:42 Go to next message
roger giglio is currently offline roger giglioFriend
Hi! I have already created new FBs with internal VARS, however I am not sure what are internal FBs and how to use them. Are there any documentation about this? Thanks in advance.
Re: Documentation - Internal FB [message #1863813 is a reply to message #1863805] Wed, 28 February 2024 06:46 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

This resulted from an experiment when combining ideas from IEC 61131-3 and IEC 61499. Similar to IEC 61131-3 you can now also use FBs as internal "vars". While in IEC 61131-3 this is the same syntax for us it was easier to show them in two lists in the UI. In the algorithms and methods of the FB you can then call these FBs similar as you would do it in IEC 61131-3. The events would be the methods to call. The withed inputs of the FB the input params to the method. With the classical IEC 61131-3 syntax you can access the outputs. The code completion of our ST editor can handle that. So as we don't have documentation and it is an experiment we don't have documentation yet.

If you find this feature interesting and helpful in your work please let us know. This helps us to improve Eclipse 4diac and helps me to improve the standard.

If you think you can provide some documentation feel free to open a PR to our new documentation github repo: https://github.com/eclipse-4diac/4diac-documentation
Previous Topic:BeagleBone Black Industrial
Next Topic:Import Structured Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:39:30 GMT 2024