Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » External event queue is full, external event dropped!
External event queue is full, external event dropped! [message #1863335] Sat, 27 January 2024 14:41 Go to next message
paulo nunes is currently offline paulo nunesFriend
Hello, i'm using an 1s E_CYCLE and a CLIENT_0_1 to read one opc_ua variable and the error "External event queue is full, external event dropped!" keeps appearing at fixed input events, ex.: with FORTE_EventChainExternalEventListSize = 10, the subscribe block freezes after 7 events in REQ and some time after, the error appears. with FORTE_EventChainExternalEventListSize = 100 the error shows after 50 events in REQ.

There is some way to fix this?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 January 2024 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: External event queue is full, external event dropped! [message #1863395 is a reply to message #1863335] Wed, 31 January 2024 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

As you can read in this thread https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1114282/ there seams to be an issue in opc ua client. Could this also be your prolbem?
Re: External event queue is full, external event dropped! [message #1863400 is a reply to message #1863395] Wed, 31 January 2024 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketut Kumajaya is currently offline Ketut KumajayaFriend
Using develop branch with my own patches here, no problems so far. Disconnection is normal in the real world but as a client FORTE always manages to reconnect to the remote OPC UA server. I set two device in two different location, one as publisher and one as subscriber, 8 tags. Quality of service only depend on network connection.
Re: External event queue is full, external event dropped! [message #1863438 is a reply to message #1863395] Fri, 02 February 2024 12:17 Go to previous message
paulo nunes is currently offline paulo nunesFriend
I don't think it's the same issue, as i'm using open62541 v1.0 without security and my communication works for some time, dropping after a fix amount of events. Probably it's some setting regarding the RTOS, because i'm using the FORTE machine on esp32. I will try to adjust the settings and will give a feedback here if it works.

EDIT: Apparently, there is no issue when i use SUBSCRIBE function with subscribe block, which i think is a better solution than a client block with e_cycle.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2024 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:External event queue is full when testing.
Next Topic:Develop 4diac FORTE on Visual Studio Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:04:21 GMT 2024