Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Auto "updater " saver ?(Editor )
Auto "updater " saver ? [message #1859689] Thu, 22 June 2023 14:28 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
In another IDE I can option to "always compile before run".
I understand Python code does not really compile,,,

After editing the code I have to "save all" , before I do "Relaunch " .

Is there an option to "save automatically " , before the Python code is executed ?
Re: Auto "updater " saver ? [message #1859712 is a reply to message #1859689] Fri, 23 June 2023 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If I have an unsaved *.java editor and try to launch, it does ask me if I want to save it. I guess Pydev does not do that but it would be best to ask them about it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Auto "updater " saver ? [message #1859731 is a reply to message #1859712] Fri, 23 June 2023 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I am not Python user, I just happen to have Python code I am trying to "reverse engineer" and from the replies I have recently received here Eclipse and Python are not the best combination.
Telling "them" about it ( lack of "auto save dirty file " which been around since DOS ) is not my style - I have run into too many "what do you expect for free etc. ".
I'll be a happy camper after I get my modifications done ... and go back to C/C++.
Re: Auto "updater " saver ? [message #1860424 is a reply to message #1859731] Fri, 04 August 2023 00:33 Go to previous message
Connor Evans is currently offline Connor EvansFriend
Yeah, Python doesn't exactly "compile," but I feel you on the saving hustle. Some IDEs have "auto-save" settings check preferences. It's a lifesaver for quick edits and relaunches. Happy coding!
Previous Topic:Location of all the eclipse example Jars?
Next Topic:Glassfish JMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 00:49:56 GMT 2024