Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » EMF Compare taking a long time to accept/reject changes
EMF Compare taking a long time to accept/reject changes [message #1858435] Mon, 03 April 2023 08:38 Go to next message
Tom Westbury is currently offline Tom WestburyFriend
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help with the following problem:

We are using EMF compare to merge changes on an EMF model that is using a DSL in Sirius.

During a merge, when accepting or rejecting the first change change that is in conflict in the EMF Compare editor, the editor hangs for well over 1hr. Looking at the debug logs, there is a huge amount of calls to the following services:

getImpliedMerges(Diff,boolean)
getLogicallyResultingMerges(Diff,boolean)
getDirectResultingMerges(Diff,boolean)
getDirectMergeDependencies(Diff,boolean)

Each call is taking a small amount of time but I fear that the program may be stuck in an infinite loop. Interestingly, this problem only seems to apply when merging with the .aird (representations) file. this file is around 1.7mb and the model is 60kb.

Is there any known issues with Sirius VSMs or .aird files that may be causing EMF Compare to go into an infinite (or very big) loop?

Many thanks for your help on this!
Re: EMF Compare taking a long time to accept/reject changes [message #1858449 is a reply to message #1858435] Mon, 03 April 2023 15:10 Go to previous message
Tom Westbury is currently offline Tom WestburyFriend
Hi all,

This issue is resolved, I had not set the merge strategy in Window -> Preferences -> Version Control (Team) -> Git -> Synchronize to one of the EMFCompare ones

I've used the recursive strategy and the issue is no longer there

Cheers,

Tom

Previous Topic:Links to documentation broken
Next Topic:NPE in ReferenceChangeMerger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:51:15 GMT 2024