Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Docker Tooling, Linux Container (Project Data aren't copied to Linux Container)
Docker Tooling, Linux Container [message #1858244] Fri, 24 March 2023 09:12
Lutz Kunze is currently offline Lutz KunzeFriend
Hello,

i want to work with the Docker Tooling plugin and the Docker Engine with WSL2 on a Windows 10 system. I don't use Eclipse directly but STM32CubeIDE with Eclipse platform. First I would like to mention that the build in Linux Container worked with Docker Desktop. However, since Docker Desktop requires a paid license I wanted to try it with Docker Engine only.

My problem is that the project Data aren't copied to the linux container and thus the compiling with cmake failed. I got the error message:

09:46:27 Buildscript generation: STM32cmake_Doku::Debug in C:\Data\Projects\ws_cmakeDoku\STM32cmake_Doku\build
[Running in image <aj_cmake:latest>]
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug -G Ninja "-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE:FILEPATH=C:\\Data\\Projects\\ws_cmakeDoku\\STM32cmake_Doku\\arm-toolchain.cmake" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS:BOOL=ON /C//Data/Projects/ws_cmakeDoku/STM32cmake_Doku 
CMake Warning:
  Ignoring extra path from command line:

"/C//Data/Projects/ws_cmakeDoku/STM32cmake_Doku"

CMake Error: The source directory "/C/Data/Projects/ws_cmakeDoku/STM32cmake_Doku" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Buildfile generation error occurred..
cmake exited with status 1. See CDT global build console for details.
Build stopped..

This error indicates that the data isn't copied in the linux container. According to Newsletter
http://https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/april/article1.php
the data is copied automatically by the Docker Tooling plugin. No matter if local or remote.

Could someone help me with this. If more details are needed just aks.

Thank you,
Lutz

Previous Topic:Eclipse doesn't clean
Next Topic:Eclipse and gmake issue with OpenGL tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 05:09:52 GMT 2024