Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Browsing project files(Share problems arising from the navigation of the files of a project)
Browsing project files [message #1858083] Wed, 15 March 2023 09:53 Go to next message
Felipe Marciano is currently offline Felipe MarcianoFriend
I have been using eclipse for many years and have always had problems finding files within a project.
The "Project explorer" and "Package explorer" views are very confusing and I don't find really smart views that show you immediately what you are looking for.
But what I find really inconvenient to use is the main editor.
When you have to open many files, navigating from one file to another is unmanageable.
I try to attach an image of a classic situation that occurs as soon as you have to open a dozen files.

index.php/fa/43023/0/

The file selection bar is very chaotic and practically unusable, contracting the file name makes it difficult to locate the right one.
It makes the situation worse, the fact that some are obscured, and you have to click on the number to show them.
So in the end you are forced to keep open a maximum of 5 or 6 files.
Is it possible that you can't find a view that allows you to view them in a more orderly way?
It would already be enough to place them vertically instead of horizontally, without contracting the excess ones.
Is there any plugin that does such a thing?
Re: Browsing project files [message #1858093 is a reply to message #1858083] Wed, 15 March 2023 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Does Ctrl-E help? In the end, there's only so much room. Even my browser with dozens of tabs has this same problem with so very many showing just Eclip...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Browsing project files [message #1858098 is a reply to message #1858093] Wed, 15 March 2023 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felipe Marciano is currently offline Felipe MarcianoFriend
Yes the popup that is shown seems to be a good help in this direction.
But is it possible that there isn't a view in which this list is fixed, so it is constantly highlighted which file is being worked on?
Re: Browsing project files [message #1858099 is a reply to message #1858098] Wed, 15 March 2023 20:04 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The title bar shows the full path of the file being edited, doesn't it? Java editors also show breadcrumbs if you enable that. And the link-with-editor button also shows the selection in the explorer. No, there is no other view to show this.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Goclipse compilation failure
Next Topic:Formal Properties for Assumptions and Guarantees
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:35:01 GMT 2024