Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse SDK 4.26 for Java spell check flags "@param " in javadoc as misspelled: how to fix(Adding to user dictionary does not seem to help, and turning spell check off is not wanted: how to make Eclipse understand it is correct?)
Eclipse SDK 4.26 for Java spell check flags "@param " in javadoc as misspelled: how to fix [message #1858068] Tue, 14 March 2023 15:02 Go to next message
Andre Veltstra is currently offline Andre VeltstraFriend
Hello there! I just installed this version of Eclipse SDK (2022-12) and immediately ran into spell check problems. For years, I have used older Eclipse IDEs, so I have a user dictionary set up with words commonly used in our environment.

Out of the box, the new spell checker dislikes the very common javadoc tag "@param". It claims the tag is misspelled. It displays the message with a space after the tag, like so: "@param ". Adding the tag to the user dictionary does not help. Not with an @, not without, not with a trailing space, and not without.

I do not want to turn off the spell check and neither do I want to ignore its warnings. What I want is for the spell checker to recognize that @param is a valid javadoc tag and stop harassing me about it.

How do I achieve that?
Thanks!
Re: Eclipse SDK 4.26 for Java spell check flags "@param " in javadoc as misspelled: how to [message #1858082 is a reply to message #1858068] Wed, 15 March 2023 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Funny this happens in some of my IDEs but not all of them. Even the quick fix is wrong where it sees " * @param target the object to adapt." in the source, underlining the "param " (note the trailing space that's underlines) and it suggests to change it to "* @paramtarget the object to adapt." which is completely wrong.

I suggest to open an issue here:

https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.ui/issues

And post a link to the issue in this thread.

First though, I suggest updating to 2023-03 later this afternoon (in about 8 hours) and checking if the problem occurs there because I think maybe it's fixed there...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse SDK 4.26 for Java spell check flags "@param " in javadoc as misspelled: how to [message #1858133 is a reply to message #1858082] Thu, 16 March 2023 17:56 Go to previous message
Andre Veltstra is currently offline Andre VeltstraFriend
Nice: the new version fixed the problem. Thank you!
Previous Topic:IOException in Java
Next Topic:running in eclipse vs terminal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:31:26 GMT 2024