Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Problem in step 2 of tutorial
Problem in step 2 of tutorial [message #1857107] Tue, 17 January 2023 23:34 Go to next message
Nicolò Sciara is currently offline Nicolò SciaraFriend
Good evening at all,
i'm stuck on the assignment of the IP and the PORT in the ID data at the SUBSCRIBE_COUNT and PUBLISH_COUNT FBs in the second step of the tutorial because, when i replicate the same step the tutorial did, in 4DIAC IDE will appear a warning saying that "a WSTRING litteral is sorrunded by double quotes" " even if in the tutorial the same value is written in the DATA variable is without double quotes and they say that will work.
I implemented the double quotes but the counting part (the new block i add in this step) doesn't work.
Could anyone help me understanding why am i doing wrong? i share the image of the problem for a better understandingì.
Thanks to all who will answer and have a good night

Nicolò

Re: Problem in step 2 of tutorial [message #1857300 is a reply to message #1857107] Sun, 29 January 2023 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

I'm sorry but since writing the tutorial 4diac IDE got stricter in checking for correct literals. We will need this for upcoming features. Therefore now for all STRING literals single quotes and for all WSTRING literals double quotes are needed.

Unfortunately with the information you provided I'm not sure what is wrong. Have you tried turning monitoring on and watch the in and outputs of your function blocks? What does the deployment console say when you deploy your application.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Problem in step 2 of tutorial [message #1857301 is a reply to message #1857300] Sun, 29 January 2023 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolò Sciara is currently offline Nicolò SciaraFriend
Good evening Mr.: Zoitl,

Thanks for the answer, i only forgot a connection.

Thank you for the explanation of the difference between STRING and WSTRING.

Cheers,
Nicolò
Re: Problem in step 2 of tutorial [message #1857302 is a reply to message #1857301] Sun, 29 January 2023 20:15 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Good that it is now working for you. Sorry for the late reply. I somehow was not informed by the system on your message.
Previous Topic:forte for vxworks
Next Topic:Wikis and Docs about 4Diac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:08:24 GMT 2024