Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot via the Command Line
SWTBot via the Command Line [message #1856705] Fri, 23 December 2022 14:47 Go to next message
Zac Hamid is currently offline Zac HamidFriend
We are looking to put our SWTbot Suite into CI, and for that we need to be able to run the tests via CLI. I am currently executing them via Eclipse (JUnit Test Plugin), successfully.

I have attempted copying the CLI command from the Run Configuration window and running them via the CLI and hitting this issue

/home/<username>/.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.justj.openjdk.hotspot.jre.full.linux.x86_64_17.0.3.v20220515-1416/jre/bin/java  -Dorg.eclipse.swt.graphics.Resource.reportNonDisposed=true  -Declipse.pde.launch=true  -Declipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/p2  --add-modules=ALL-SYSTEM  -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  -p <module,paths>  -classpath <classpath>  -XX:+ShowCodeDetailsInExceptionMessages org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main  -os linux  -ws gtk  -arch x86_64  -nl en_US  -consoleLog  -version 3  -port 32855  -testLoaderClass org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit5.runner.JUnit5TestLoader  -loaderpluginname org.eclipse.jdt.junit5.runtime  -classNames <testplugin>.AllTests  -application org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.nonuithreadtestapplication  -product org.eclipse.platform.ide  -data /home/<username>/eclipse-workspace/../junit-workspace  -configuration file:/home/<username>/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/pde-junit/  -dev file:/home/<username>/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/pde-junit/dev.properties  -os linux  -ws gtk  -arch x86_64  -nl en_US  -consoleLog  -testpluginname <testplugin>

The error message I get is:
Could not connect to:  : 32855			
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:579)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:568)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.connect(NioSocketImpl.java:588)
	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:327)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:633)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:583)

Is there a better way to run JUnit5 SWTbot tests, or should I convert them to JUnit4
Re: SWTBot via the Command Line [message #1856786 is a reply to message #1856705] Mon, 02 January 2023 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aparna Argade is currently offline Aparna ArgadeFriend
Hi Zac,
JUnit5 tests can be run from command line, it is not needed to convert them to Junit4. Use "-application org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.junit5.headless.swtbottestapplication"
See https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/Automate_test_execution for rest all params.
Re: SWTBot via the Command Line [message #1856808 is a reply to message #1856786] Tue, 03 January 2023 16:06 Go to previous message
Zac Hamid is currently offline Zac HamidFriend
Thanks Aparna, I think that is progressing nicely, although I am now getting a different error message around unresolved dependencies so I will look into that

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2023 16:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:SWTBot doesn't seem to see the "Show View" Shell
Next Topic:Headless Testing on Github
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:08:37 GMT 2024