Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Properly integrate Maven projects in Eclipse workspace
Properly integrate Maven projects in Eclipse workspace [message #1856395] Thu, 08 December 2022 12:16 Go to next message
Adelino Rocha is currently offline Adelino RochaFriend
Hi,

I have several maven projects in a workspace. Main projects have a dependency of a "commons" project.

I would like to have all projects successfully integrated in an Eclipse workspace for example to be able to debug in "commons" code or to go to a "commons" class code from a main project.

All projects are deployed into a corporate maven repo. When "commons" is changed it has to be commited and deployed first and a new numeric version is generated.
We need then to use that new version into the other projects in order for them to compile successfully when deployed into corporate maven repo.

My problem is that in Eclipse, all projects are only successfully integrated when I set "commons" version dependency to DYNAMIC-SNAPSHOT in all main projects, but I can not commit the main poms with that DINAMIC-SNAPSHOT dependency version, otherwise compilation will fail in the pipe. As a result I need permanently switch "commons" dependency version from DYNAMIC-SNAPSHOT to numeric and vice-versa before and after any commits.

How can I successfully have a good projects integration in Eclipse without having to permanently change "Commons" version in main poms everytime I need to commit something to the pipe ?

in VS Code I don't need to do any changes in poms to have a perfect projects integration.
Re: Properly integrate Maven projects in Eclipse workspace [message #1856404 is a reply to message #1856395] Thu, 08 December 2022 14:29 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I suggest asking the developers who provide the Maven integration via their discussions list:

https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/discussions

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Import Libraries appears to be Broken
Next Topic:Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.jdt.launching.IVMInstall.getLibraryLocations()"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:18:31 GMT 2024