Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus Moka in Capella
Papyrus Moka in Capella [message #1856374] Wed, 07 December 2022 18:32 Go to next message
Matheus Cogo is currently offline Matheus CogoFriend
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to bring some State Machine execution support for Eclipse Capella, a MBSE tool (https://www.eclipse.org/capella/). Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I thought of using Moka. What would be the challenges involved in porting Moka to the Capella ecosystem? Capella uses the Arcadia method, inspired by SysML, and Moka uses UML, so I was really just interested in getting the execution engines and writing the language interface myself. Any insights from some more experienced members would be appreciated!

Edit: after taking a look at the Moka architecture, it seems to me that the engine itself is abstracted from the language (Kernel APIs). In that case, would it be enough to simply rewrite UML implementations (like engine.uml, moka.fuml) to work with Capella Metamodels? Also, why is Mosquitto used here? Is there a detailed documentation available for Moka?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2022 19:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus Moka in Capella [message #1856429 is a reply to message #1856374] Fri, 09 December 2022 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hi,

As you said, it is possible to write an other engine for your own language or for SysML, I am not sure to understand if your language is based on UML or not ?

Mosquitto is used to send notification to other services like animation (you will not be able to use this since it is based on Papyrus), debuging ...

Unfortunately there is no developper documentation.

HTH,
Pauline
Re: Papyrus Moka in Capella [message #1856473 is a reply to message #1856429] Mon, 12 December 2022 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matheus Cogo is currently offline Matheus CogoFriend
Hi, Pauline, thank you for the reply.

So the needed refactoring to make this work with Capella seems to be:

• Add the new language standard (as opposed to UML - by the way, yes, it is based on UML but closer to SysML. There are still some simplifications if I'm not mistaken) - ARCADIA.
  • Refactor services to work with Capella ecosystem (animation, for example, would probably be done with Sirius).

Lastly, was there a reason to use MQTT locally? Wouldn't simple plugin handlers be enough to share information needed with services?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2022 14:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus Moka in Capella [message #1856565 is a reply to message #1856473] Thu, 15 December 2022 13:15 Go to previous message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hi,

I think it should be enough.

It is our choose to use MQTT locally for other used.

Best regards,
Pauline
Previous Topic:FlowPort
Next Topic:Active Object Controller Model Library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:39:53 GMT 2024