Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » How do I compare a repository folder with a file system folder(I imported a folder of config files into Subversive. Now, how do I know what has changed?)
How do I compare a repository folder with a file system folder [message #1856277] Wed, 30 November 2022 18:00 Go to next message
Bob Kostes is currently offline Bob KostesFriend
I imported a folder of config files into the repository using the Repository Explorer. Periodically I will add new files and edit existing ones. I don't see how I have any idea what has changed.

There is no concept of check in/out at the file level. I see a checkout option at the folder level. The compare dialog only lets me compare to something in the repository (tag, branch, URL). I cannot compare a repository folder to a file system folder.

It seems like my only option is to look at file modification dates in Windows Explorer.
Re: How do I compare a repository folder with a file system folder [message #1856302 is a reply to message #1856277] Thu, 01 December 2022 17:59 Go to previous message
Nicolas PeiferFriend
Have you tried the synchronize view? Right click on the resource you want (project, folder, file...) and choose 'Team>Synchronize'. It shows all your local changes which differ from the files in the repository. Details: https://www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/teamSupport/workspace_synch.php

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2022 18:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Luna Does Not Reliably Connect to SVNserve
Next Topic:Issue insstalling SVN plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:24:25 GMT 2024