Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Adding a button to login screen
Adding a button to login screen [message #1856271] Wed, 30 November 2022 12:46 Go to next message
Chris Palmer is currently offline Chris PalmerFriend
Hi,

at first: Scout is really a great framework!

I would like to implement a "reset password" functionality and therefore add a new button (link button below the password field) in the login screen.
I found a description by Paolo in the forum (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1752488/?srch=custom+login#msg_1752488). However, I don't think it quite fits to version 22 anymore, as I couldn't find the corresponding files.

Can someone please give me a tip on how to implement the functionality under version 22.

Thanks
Chris
Re: Adding a button to login screen [message #1856384 is a reply to message #1856271] Thu, 08 December 2022 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J D is currently offline J DFriend
I'm also interested in knowing how to implement this functionality. Has anyone done this already? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

JD
Re: Adding a button to login screen [message #1856390 is a reply to message #1856384] Thu, 08 December 2022 10:19 Go to previous message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
The login page is also a Scout app, just a very simple one. Here are a few pointer that will hopefully help you to customize the login screen:

• In the generated Scout project, you will find a file called login.html. This is the page that is shown to the user when they need to log in.
  • The html page is mostly empty, since the content is created dynamically by Scout. You only need to change it if you want to add static content around the login box, e.g. a background image.
  • The application is started by login.js. You'll see that it simply creates a new LoginApp and initalizes it. You could replace the entire app with your own, but this is probably not necessary.
  • What you probably want to replace is the LoginBox widget. This can be done as usual via the Object Factory. The default implementation creates two input fields and a button, but you can change this.

Regards,
Beat
Previous Topic:Update parent form subTitle from inner WrappedFormField values
Next Topic:Enabling user authentication and authorization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:12:50 GMT 2024