Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Internet Loss for Gateway connected to Large Thread Network(After a dip in the Gateway internet, the Nodes can't connect to Broker)
Internet Loss for Gateway connected to Large Thread Network [message #1856220] Mon, 28 November 2022 12:32
Jean-Riegardt van Staden is currently offline Jean-Riegardt van StadenFriend
Good day

I have a Gateway that is connected to a Mosquito Broker and a thread network of 30 radio modules that use the MQTT-SN protocol. All of them connect, register and subscribe to the broker and run perfectly. As soon as there is a dip in the Gateway internet for a minute or two, all devices disconnect and after the internet is restored they don't reconnect again. After several hours the network seems to recover.

The more nodes you add to the network, the longer the recovery time becomes. I have done some debugging and found that it seems Send To Broker task gets stuck by a semaphore. The send to broker queue gets bigger and bigger each time a node requests a CONNECT but the queue isn't serviced anymore. The queue sometimes grows to be 1000s of elements long and sometimes the system just recovers. It is almost as if the Send To Broker task is released every now and then for some reason and services the que a couple of times before it gets stuck again.

When the Gateways internet is off, the queue keeps on growing because of connect messages from the radio nodes. When the internet is restored the que keeps growing. When the nodes are removed but the internet is on the que stays the same size and the queue isn't processed. Does anyone have some idea whats going on and how I can fix it? Thanks
Previous Topic:MQTT over Websockets - status code 302 redirect ?
Next Topic:MQTT on LAN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:16:58 GMT 2024