Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » SysML:Block tags missing(Import/Export xmi files and the SysML.xmi format)
SysML:Block tags missing [message #1855844] Mon, 07 November 2022 15:30 Go to next message
Frank Conover is currently offline Frank ConoverFriend
Hi,

This may be the wrong site for these questions. If so I apologize in advance.

Part 1
I exported my model using the Papyrus SysML library. In the resulting xmi file, at the bottom, after the closing uml:Model tag, are all the defined stereotypes.
  </uml:Model>
   <Blocks:Block xmi:id="_U3D3wF3wEe2xypeVB374nw" base_Class="_U3BbgF3wEe2xypeVB374nw"/>
  <PortsAndFlows:FlowProperty xmi:id="_U3G7EF3wEe2xypeVB374nw" base_Property="_U3GUAl3wEe2xypeVB374nw" direction="out"/>

I can't figure out what this section is called or can find it within the specification. I see it in the SysML.xmi document but there are no comments there. https://www.omg.org/spec/SysML

Q1) What is this section called (after the closing model tag) or where can I find a description/purpose?

Part 2
I am able to export my model from Papyrus and import my model into Cameo Systems Modeler. I then export it back out of Cameo and into an xmi file. The section described above is missing. I was still successful in importing that model back into Papyrus without the list of stereotype tags after the closing model tag. The data appears fine. I tried two different export types in Cameo and neither had this section but they both still imported into Papyrus.
So I then took my original Papyrus export, removed this bottom portion of the file (after the closing model tag), and it imported just fine into Cameo. I can even generate a diagram.

Q2) Is this section, after the closing Model tag, optional? Am at at risk of losing data when it is not included in an export?
Re: SysML:Block tags missing [message #1855939 is a reply to message #1855844] Thu, 10 November 2022 13:00 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello Frank,
Q1 : Yes this section describes the Sterotypes applied on your model. This serialization is provided by the UML2 Eclipse project. The applied stereotypes are stored at the root of the uml file.
Q2 : No, this section is not optional, without it you get a UML2 model. Without it your Block are just UML Class and your FlowPort are just UML Port.

Regards,
Vincent LORENZO
Previous Topic: Contract Property must be set
Next Topic:SysML - Copy + Paste Format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:49:05 GMT 2024