Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » LAMP and XDebug/Eclipse-PDT on the same machine.(Configuration is not quite right. "Test" button is not available.)
LAMP and XDebug/Eclipse-PDT on the same machine. [message #1855774] Wed, 02 November 2022 14:28
Chris Miller is currently offline Chris MillerFriend
Hi Folks,

I have a website on a LAMP machine. I am also running xDebug/Eclipse-PDT on that same machine. I have created a project from existing source. I can see the source for the website I need to debug. So far; so good.

I have created a "Debug Configuration". The "Debugger" tab identifies "Debugger: Xdebug", and port 9000, and I see java listening on port 9000. There is a "Test" button, which is not active. I have "debug.mode = develop, debug", as shown in "phpinfo();"

I'm pretty confused about who is calling whom, and how to configure this. It seems clear to me that Eclipse is listening on port 9000, apparently waiting for xdebug to check-in. How do I get that to happen? I have tried to ask for the index.php I want to debug, but Apache serves it and the browser shows it, and Eclipse just sits there.

Am I still working with the "xdebug calls the IDE" paradigm? Can anybody point me to a page that will give me the settings and explanations for "Everything running on one machine"?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.
Previous Topic:How does one become a good PHP developer?
Next Topic:[Solved] PHPUnit PHAR Invalid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:56:32 GMT 2024