Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Executing EWL(How to run and interact with EWL language)
Executing EWL [message #1855694] Thu, 27 October 2022 14:10 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I was wondering where I could find the documentation of the EWL evaluator? My use case is to execute EWL in two ways:

* In ant, interacting via the Input Driver.
* On a server

Could you point me to an API or test, please.
Re: Executing EWL [message #1855709 is a reply to message #1855694] Thu, 27 October 2022 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jörn,

There's not much documentation for EWL I'm afraid as it's one of the least-used languages in Epsilon. We have a handful of tests and a screencast but that's about it really at the moment. Could you please elaborate a bit more on your use-cases?

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: Executing EWL [message #1855730 is a reply to message #1855709] Sat, 29 October 2022 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you for the information!

We are intending to allow users on the web platform to define actions on their proprietary meta models and model instances. We want to technically realize this by executing Ant scripts on the server. To this end Epsilon's interface facility is connected to an Ant input interface.

This would allow Epsilon wizard language to run on the server side. The script would ask questions off the user and the responses are put back to the script executing the wizard functionality. For interactive use, the regular Epsilon handlers would be used instead, producing modal dialogs in the rich content platform IDE.

The open issue is the reference to the model element. For all of EMF a list of fully qualified element references would be enough.

For Epsilon, the EMF default fragment path notation could also probably be reused. I have not thought this through to the end. The alternative would be a dedicated EOL selected function of type String -> ModelElement for all EMC.

This allows the users to create model workflows as usual, but with an interactive twist.

Finally we would look at a dispatch hook to be driven into Exceed to spawn the workflow, assigning a model object .

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2022 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Executing EWL [message #1855731 is a reply to message #1855730] Sat, 29 October 2022 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Turns out the function is already built on: org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.tools.EmfTool.getEObject(String)
Re: Executing EWL [message #1855743 is a reply to message #1855731] Mon, 31 October 2022 08:02 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

It's good to hear that you found what you were looking for! If anything is unclear about EWL's API/semantics, please give us a shout.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Cast behaviour with Native types
Next Topic:Possible Major Bug: CachedResourceSet holds state over boundary of Ant run.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:49:53 GMT 2024