Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench(Trying to get new install working with old workbench)
Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855496] Tue, 18 October 2022 11:09 Go to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Hi all,
Recently installed Papyrus on my new laptop and I want to work on an older workbench that I had spent a long time working on. As part of that project, I had used the UAF profile shared by Thomas in a much earlier thread. Now, when I open the workbench in my new install it cannot find the UAF profile and it wants to 'Migrate' the workbench.
I am trying to add the UAF profile back into the project but the instructions don't seem to apply to the new Papyrus install. I installed 2022-09 using the current instructions which meant using the installer to install eclipse modelling and then using the help-install new software to install papyrus.
Please help. I need to access this model.
Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2022 11:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855502 is a reply to message #1855496] Tue, 18 October 2022 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Just an idea. The UAF Profile by Thomas depends on SysML 1.6 being installed. Do you have SysML 1.6 installed?
/Carsten

Re: Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855520 is a reply to message #1855502] Wed, 19 October 2022 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it turns out, at least as far as I can see, that installing Papyrus through the Eclipse Modelling install does not result in the same setup as the direct Papyrus download and install. For one, the model explorer does not seem to exist in the eclipse modelling install. Once I stopped fighting with the modelling install and found and installed Papyrus through the direct download I was able to install both SysML`1.6 and UAF. I am back up and running. Unfortunately, the way the instructions are on the eclipse website, its going to be difficult for someone to get into Papyrus modelling.
Re: Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855526 is a reply to message #1855520] Wed, 19 October 2022 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
The difference beside the splash screen is mainly, that if you install Papyrus on top of the Eclipse modeling distribution the modeling perspective remains active. Installing the Eclipse Papyrus RCP package the default perspective is the Papyrus perspective. A perspective is an arrangement of views.

That is no Papyrus special behavior, but default Eclipse Rich Client Platform behavior.

Via Window -> Perspective -> other -> Papyrus you can switch to the Papyrus perspective.

I switch between Papyrus, Acceleo and GIT perspective quite often.

BTW, you can modify existing perspectives and store them as a new perspective.

Re: Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855580 is a reply to message #1855526] Fri, 21 October 2022 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Rod,
Thanks for letting us know of the issue you encountered. We indeed discovered that the 2022-09 had a problematic compatibility with the latest released version (based on 2022-06) and, in hindsight, we should have disabled it in the train but we found out about it a bit too late. We'll take good care of not having any further blatant problems of this kind in the future.
Just for my education, Could you tell me which urls you used to make this work ?

The latest M1 milestone should be fine with the latest train.

Cheers,
/Quentin
Re: Help with Papyrus New Install Old Workbench [message #1855768 is a reply to message #1855580] Wed, 02 November 2022 11:40 Go to previous message
To try the official method of installing Papyrus, through the eclipse installer, I used:
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/epp/2022-09/R/eclipse-inst-jre-linux64.tar.gz
This file downloads and works properly. There is an issue within the installer when choosing the version you want to download as you are presented with multiple versions including 2022-12. I did eventually get the proper version downloaded and working.
I then used the marketplace within the app to download SysML1.6
One thing that is not apparent when installing papyrus this way is how to get to the papyrus workspace view. This forum helped here.

To download the full version of Papyrus, I used this link:
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/modeling/mdt/papyrus/rcp/2022-03/6.1.0/papyrus-2022-03-6.1.0-linux64.tar.gz&mirror_id=1294
which is from this page: https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/

Both installs are working however, they use different default project folders. Getting Papyrus working using the main installer was more frustrating as it was not apparent which version should be selected and it gave unhelpful errors. Then, once successfully installed, it didn't look like papyrus by default, it still looked like Eclipse which, for me, basically meant that the model explorer was missing.

This group has been immensely helpful.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:[Code Gen] State machine guards
Next Topic: Contract Property must be set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:24:15 GMT 2024